Reverb never actually 100% mix?

Chris Turner

Hey,
Has anyone else noticed that when you set a reverb up, if you set the mix to 100%, you still ALWAYS hear your guitar coming directly through, un-affected?
Is there anyway to just hear the actual 100% reverb signal - no dry signal?
Cheers,
Chris.

This shouldn't be the case. Are you certain you aren't running a parallel signal? Post a preset?

This clips ends with a 100% reverb that was run in series and it is absolutely 100% effected signal.

Hey,
Has anyone else noticed that when you set a reverb up, if you set the mix to 100%, you still ALWAYS hear your guitar coming directly through, un-affected?
nope.

upload your preset so we can see what you're doing and give you an answer.

Hey Ian,
I'd post the preset, but the USB stopped working a few months ago...
Basically, if you setup a reverb with long tails and a-b between no pre-delay vs. 250ms, I hear my initial pluck on the string, then 250ms later the wet signal - with the mix at 100%... weird huh?

Isn't that what pre-delay is supposed to do ? To allow a bit of the initial pick attack to come through.
Yes. It's the time before you hear the effected signal start. So setting it to zero should start the reverb signal as soon as possible.

@Chris Turner what reverb algorithm? I find Deep Space is the best for a wash-type verb that has a lot of the peaky transients absent from the reverb signal. Try running a Multi-Delay block in front of the reverb set to use the Diffusor algorithm if you really want to take the initial attack off the signal. You can also jack up the diffusion parameters in the reverb block to further smear things.

Need to see your preset.

Just tried it with every reverb model with the 'Pre-Delay' set to 250 ms, Mix at 100%. No dry signal at all..

I just would have thought that 100% wet signal, was just that, no dry at all. But what my mix control is doing is just changing the volume of the reverb'ed signal. So 0% wet is just the dry at full volume, 100% wet is dry volume (still) at full + wet signal at full volume.

I think I have a dodgy unit, with the USB & the display both fucking up, I wouldn't be surprised if it also screwed in this way too.

Back
Top Bottom