Reverb Hold Default State

ralphonz

Inspired
Hi All,

Whenever I assign an external controller to the reverb hold, it's default state is on when it should be off. I think this is a bug but posting here first...

First i unplug my mastermind GT completely from the axe fx. Then I set the hold switch to off in the reverb block (using axe edit) and then assign External controller 3 to the switch. The moment I close the assign controller window the hold switch goes to the "on" state, but it needs to default to the off position when the preset is saved. I can set it to off with the mastermind then save the preset but still when the preset is re-loaded it defaults to the on state - therefore i have to ht the switch n the mastermind twice before my hold will function properly making for a total of three presses to get a reverb hold!

Any ideas or is this a bug?

Cheers

If PC Reset = Off the state will depend on the last value received for that Ext Ctrl. For ideal results you should enable PC Reset and configure the GT to send 0 value for this CC on preset change.

This will only affect the state from power-on until any value is received for the Ext Ctrl. It shouldn't hurt to set to 0, but I think the steps I mentioned may be necessary to solve what the OP described.

I added the word "also". The initial value will help in situations where the OP is assigning the modifier and hasn't touched his GT yet. You're right - PC Reset is the meat of the solution.

If PC Reset = Off the state will depend on the last value received for that Ext Ctrl. For ideal results you should enable PC Reset and configure the GT to send 0 value for this CC on preset change.

Thanks dude, this led me to find the answer, I had a preset action sending CC 127 from the GT which was causing it to turn on, I know not how it got there but its working as expected with PC Reset on.

All CC init values were set to 0%, they always are!

Thanks for the help :)

Back
Top Bottom