• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Reverb Hold Default State

ralphonz

Inspired
Hi All,

Whenever I assign an external controller to the reverb hold, it's default state is on when it should be off. I think this is a bug but posting here first...

First i unplug my mastermind GT completely from the axe fx. Then I set the hold switch to off in the reverb block (using axe edit) and then assign External controller 3 to the switch. The moment I close the assign controller window the hold switch goes to the "on" state, but it needs to default to the off position when the preset is saved. I can set it to off with the mastermind then save the preset but still when the preset is re-loaded it defaults to the on state - therefore i have to ht the switch n the mastermind twice before my hold will function properly making for a total of three presses to get a reverb hold!

Any ideas or is this a bug?

Cheers

Bakerman

Axe-Master
If PC Reset = Off the state will depend on the last value received for that Ext Ctrl. For ideal results you should enable PC Reset and configure the GT to send 0 value for this CC on preset change.

philipacamaniac

Fractal Fanatic
This will only affect the state from power-on until any value is received for the Ext Ctrl. It shouldn't hurt to set to 0, but I think the steps I mentioned may be necessary to solve what the OP described.
I added the word "also". The initial value will help in situations where the OP is assigning the modifier and hasn't touched his GT yet. You're right - PC Reset is the meat of the solution.

ralphonz

Inspired
If PC Reset = Off the state will depend on the last value received for that Ext Ctrl. For ideal results you should enable PC Reset and configure the GT to send 0 value for this CC on preset change.
Thanks dude, this led me to find the answer, I had a preset action sending CC 127 from the GT which was causing it to turn on, I know not how it got there but its working as expected with PC Reset on.

All CC init values were set to 0%, they always are!

Thanks for the help :)

Top Bottom