Reverb goes where in a dual amp setup?

SockPuppet

Inspired
Hey guys!

This has probably been asked before, but I can't really find any info on this. I was just wondering where in the chain I'm supposed to add a reverb? I usually like to run it in parallel. Should I just combine the two rows at the end? Problem is it kind of changes the tone. Really appreciate if someone could just quickly help me out with this, and hopefully it might help someone else wondering about this :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-24 at 11.29.28 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-10-24 at 11.29.28 PM.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 46
I'd do it like this. Set the cabs' balance to left and right, join the rows and then run the reverb parallel to that.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 57
That's one of the great things about the Axe-FX: so many possibilities in routing. Small changes can make a huge difference in the overall sound.

I'd do it like this. Set the cabs' balance to left and right, join the rows and then run the reverb parallel to that.

Yeah that works too. It kind of messes up the levels of the two amps if I pan them hard left and hard right. Keeping the balance at -30 and +30-ish keeps the sound intact.

Reverb can go where ever you here a good tone... no rules to follow!. I wish there where 4 reverb blocks and not just two... :(.

Here is a sample dual amp preset topology from my rig.
I use a stereo cab and just run reverb on the sum of the tone. I don't hear any advantage in doing it differently unless there's some creative reason for two different reverbs, or split stereo reverbs. Drive 1/2 and Amp 1/2 are set to single channel input selects (Left and Right, respectively) and panned wide.

view - Uploaded with Skitch

Last edited:
Here is a sample dual amp preset topology from my rig.
I use a stereo cab and just run reverb on the sum of the tone. I don't hear any advantage in doing it differently unless there's some creative reason for two different reverbs, or split stereo reverbs. Both the Drives and the Amps are set to single channel input selects (Left and Right, respectively) and panned wide.

view - Uploaded with Skitch

Hey M@!
Haha I really don't know where my brain is today. I have no idea why I didn't just combine the cabs to one stereo cab. That is also kind of a simplified way of what knoll suggested. Except if you wanted to do a crazy 4 cabinet setup.

On the bright side is that I feel a lot more confident tweaking two signal chains! :) Thanks for all your help guys!

The problem there seems that if you multi-track, then pan, you only get one amp sound. Right?

The [possible] problem with the cab block in stereo is that each IR shares low and high cuts. Since the response of each speaker is different, I tend to want to set at least the low cut of each differently.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom