Do you want a reverb shootout?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would like to include a Strymon Reverb, Boss Reverb, Eventide Space Reverb as well as a few DAW Reverbs.
But mostly I would like to understand the parameters of the evaluation. How do you test?
What happens if you run them all in parallel? I suspect if you run them all in a serial chain the echo could be hear around the world!
The one I use is built into my AFX and anything else needs to be considerably better to beat the convenience. I.E. Have lots of talent built in.. :)

Sure. Then I'll do one as well - Axe vs. PCM-70 and Samplitude's really amazing Convolution reverb... Will be fun.
I bought the Bricasti M7 about a year ago and was wondering if anyone is interested in hearing a side by side reverb comparison of it and the Axe? I also have Altiverb in my DAW which I could throw into the mix... So, if you're interested, let me know and I'll compile a bunch of clips for y'all. Cheers!!! :encouragement:

I'd love to hear a reverb shoot out between the Axe II and the M7.
The M7 still haunts me a bit, after I heard one applied to vocals and acoustic guitar during sound check 4 or 5 years ago.
The Bricasti is one of the only units that I sometimes dream about, but it's too expensive for me at the moment and I think that between the Axe II and my SW verbs (Metric Halo's Haloverb and the Lexicon PCM Reverb bundle) I'm pretty well off.
Still I would love to hear the shoot out, and hope they the Axe II does as well as you hinted to Cliff :)

I bought the Bricasti M7 about a year ago and was wondering if anyone is interested in hearing a side by side reverb comparison of it and the Axe? I also have Altiverb in my DAW which I could throw into the mix... So, if you're interested, let me know and I'll compile a bunch of clips for y'all. Cheers!!! :encouragement:

QMD23xL.gif

Years ago I made a comparison with Valhalla which I still prefer to the Axe-Fx Reverb...but the Axe-Fx reverb has improved much though since I last compared it.

ValhallaRoom: $50 – ValhallaDSP

You can't judge the Axe-Fx reverb capabilities by one single reverb block -- you've got to consider the whole enchilada.

Two room sims in the cab
Two reverb blocks
Pre or post effects on reverb wet
Possibility of using diffusors (MTD) in series
etc.

best of the FAS reverbs I've dialed in thus far is a pitch block going into a plave verb a la strymon shimmer. I really dig FAS's reverbs, but also think M@ nailed it here, it's more about the possibilities that open up with the Axe vs whatever else is out there.

I use the Axe-fx II verbs for highly effected stuff, but since I'm only using the unit for recording, sometimes it makes more sense to use reverb during the DAW so I can more easily control it after the instrument is recorded.

I will also throw in my 2 cents here and say that Valhalla's stuff is just outrageously awesome.

It would be interesting to hear how well a $2200 box that does everything holds up to a $3700 box that does one thing? Or for that matter how well that $3700 box holds up to $50 ValhallaRoom?

The Bricasti M7 has the nicest reverb I've ever heard. I always record dry from the axe, and run the signal through Bricasti IRs. The M7's "vienna hall" in particular is amazing! I'd certainly get a real M7 if I could justify/afford one.

...or I could just wait until Fractal model the Bricasti :)

Back
Top Bottom