Reverb.com

jyflorida

Power User
Wondering if anyone has sold equipment on Reverb.com. I may be putting some stuff up for sale after the holidays and after a terrible experience on eBay / PayPal, I'm a bit hesitant to do the online selling thing again. Thanks!!

I sold an Axe-Fx II through Reverb. Was fine. Lots of fees -- a Reverb fee, a PayPal fee -- but for the money you get a pretty good audience who's interested in gear to sell to.

Reverb is awesome. Pretty much everyone I've met there has been cool. Also, they sell really inexpensive patch cables that are pretty decent.

I've sold lots of gear on Reverb. Much lower fees than ebay, don't have to use paypal and have them hold your money for weeks, great experience all around.

Haven't sold on ebay for years, their fees are ridiculous now.

I have a guitar up on there now. I had a pedal that I had been trying to sell for over a year, put it up yesterday and it was sold within 10 minutes. I like it so far.

Awesome to hear! Thanks VERY much for the replies - I believe they have a thing called "direct checkout" which you can use in place of PayPal.
Thinking of putting the Axe-FX Mk-I up for sale & put the proceeds towards an XL+ but not until after the holidays. Really good to hear all the positive experiences.

I've been on both ends of deals via reverb.com, and have had nothing but positive things to report. Yes, there are fees, but still I feel it is well worth the service. It's a great database, and you are put in contact with people who are ready to buy.

Bought and sold everything from a Buzz Stop to PRS Singlecut. Comparable audience to eBay except for higher priced items. I had to resort to eBay to sell my 1974 Strat - just didn't move on Reverb.

Awesome to hear! Thanks VERY much for the replies - I believe they have a thing called "direct checkout" which you can use in place of PayPal.
Thinking of putting the Axe-FX Mk-I up for sale & put the proceeds towards an XL+ but not until after the holidays. Really good to hear all the positive experiences.

I always use Direct Checkout for selling, as it's cheaper than paypal as far as fees are concerned. For buying, some sellers only offer the paypal option (their loss). I avoid paypal as much as possible (had a bad experience, too). GLWTS on your Axefx. Best time to sell is February-March (tax return time).

TBH, the prices on Reverb strike me as very high (as a buyer). I pretty much ignore it. It is really rare to find a bargain. I guess if you can get people to buy your stuff at an inflated price, good for you. But I have yet to find anything I've shopped for at my target price there, new or used; and I bought a bunch of stuff this year.

So, yeah if you're selling, go ahead, put a MkI/II up there for $1800-$1900 for the next six months and wait for a s*cker.

It strikes me as a seller's market where everyone prices stuff based on what they paid for it rather than what it is currently worth.

There is an art to listing stuff on eBay. I honestly have done well as a buyer and a seller there and don't understand all the current hate for it.

Back
Top Bottom