Revelation about speaker cabs...

not sure what you mean by "bludo 4 & 5 mmic IR's". I don't see anywhere that indicates 4 mics or 5 mics.

Load up the IR's in Buddy's Mixes.
The Bludo 4 & 5 mic IR's are good and the Bludo Mix EK's are as well. Most of the IR's in that folder, to me, are not nearly as nasally.
Pair those up with Blodojai LD1, Wrecker Express & (I haven't yet tried but I'm sure will work well) the Fuchs. I'm working on the Ruby Rocket right now. Try out the Carol Ann as well..

Edit: The Nuclear-Tone works fantastic as well as the Fox ODS. With fairly minimal tone tweaking.
I found after I got the gain about where I wanted the most useful parameters were the Bass Cut switch & then on the Dynamics page the Preamp dynamics & Dynamic presence and on the Preamp page the Definition & Harmonics. Mess around with those and you can dial in nice smooth highs & dial out that nasally annoying high end.
:)

Thanks, I tried those. They sound good but I think the ownhammer celestion golds sound better. I think part of the problem is that those TR 65 speakers are rebranded eminence red white & blues speakers which have always sounded middy and nasally to me.

they are there in the Buddy's Mixes Folder, nested inside Extra IRs folder, 1X12 Bludo Mix 4Mics and 1x12 Bludo Mix 5Mics, but the whole content of that folder is where the gems lie...

Another amp that works really well with the Bludo IR's is the Comet 60.
But that Nuclear Tone is killer.
The
Thanks, I tried those. They sound good but I think the ownhammer celestion golds sound better. I think part of the problem is that those TR 65 speakers are rebranded eminence red white & blues speakers which have always sounded middy and nasally to me.
OK....I agree totally about the OH golds..they are now my go to for many cleanish tones

Back
Top Bottom