Reveal Mode Exclusive Midi commands

TrickRichards

Inspired
Is there a way to make the 1-5 IA switches send CC#'s only when in Reveal mode? I'm using an Ultra and so far after programming IA's 1-5 they send in Reveal mode and when I'm switching patches normally.

Thanks for any help!

IA Switches shouldn't send CC#'s when changing presets when in Axe-Fx mode. The Axe-Fx presets remember the initial state of each block in that preset so its unnecessary for the MFC-101 to send CC#'s. You can of course set the switches to "Send With Preset" (or not) if the IA Switches are set as General Use switches, or your MFC-101 is not in Axe-Fx mode. Check out sections 5.2.5 and 12.5.12 of the MFC-101 Owner's Manual. And the IA's shouldn't send any System Exclusive MIDI messages at all unless you have set them as General Use switches and explicitly configured them to send "Custom MIDI Messages".

I'm not sure if this exactly answers your question based on the description, but if my comments don't make sense then post a little more detail and I'll try to respond better.

Thanks a bunch for the info! I wasn't totally clear on that before.

I have my MFC bank size set for 5, what I'm trying to do is use the reveal mode to turn those 5 bank switches into IA switches to control a computer based looper. The problem I ran into is that the CC's are still being sent even when I exit reveal mode. Any idea what I did wrong?

So, if I understand this correctly, you are connecting MIDI THRU or MIDI OUT on the Axe-Fx to a MIDI interface on the computer to trigger one or more software loopers. If you can, take a SysEx dump of your MFC-101 and send it to me (I'll PM you the email address) and I'll take a look and see how everything is set up and test it on my end. You can capture the SysEx dump with Fractal Bot or MFC-Edit. See section 12.5.25 of the MFC-101 Owner's Manual on how to do that. It's off the "Tools" menu of MFC-Edit also.

That'd be great, thanks so much! You are correct, Midi Thru on Axe FX Ultra goes to computer, MFC is hooked up with Midi In.

Back
Top Bottom