Reveal and IA Switch Functions

rllw

I would like IA Switches 1-5 to have 2 functions with Bank Size set to 0:

1. With Reveal Off, send midi-cc messages to an external controller (to engage audio loops).
2. With Reveal On, have the IA switches select scenes.

It seems like with my bank size set to 0, the reveal button doesn't have any function.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
rllw

With Bank size set to zero, there's no Preset select buttons on which to reveal. The assigned function of each IA is already active.

Thanks, yes, I understand. I guess my question is, can we have IA switches have dual functions besides BANK and their other function when we hit the reveal button? i.e, by default, the switch is SCENE SELECT and then when I hit reveal, it shifts to a different IA function.

Unfortunately no. IA switches can have only one assigned function. Preset select buttons defined via Bank Size are the unique exception.

If you don't use the looper in the Axe II, you might be able to use the MFC's looper mode instead. I believe it sends the default CC messages for all the looper functions, so you might be able to configure your other device to respond to those specific CC messages (record = CC#28, play = CC#29, etc.) You'll have to put a looper block in your presets and not connect it to anything, otherwise the MFC will give you a no looper present message.

I want to have IA1 - Rec and IA2 - Play... I'm not successful yet - I guess I use my MFC-101 Mklll go into EDIT, MIDI, then try to figure out how to put CC#28 into IA1?... Hmmm...

Back
Top Bottom