Revalver Speaker Construction Set

Chris Hurley

Power User
I remembered that Revalver MK2 and later have a "speaker construction set" module where you can select a driver from the menu, pick a mic, adjust the cabinet size and finally adjust bass, treble, crunch and distortion. It is capable of saving an impulse if you find something you like in the process.

It only seems to support a handful of speakers though being able to adjust the cabinet sizes makes a wide array of tones.

Are there other "speaker construction set" plugins out there that might be useful in building your own virtual speakers?

Last edited:
I tried Recabinet 3 and its actually kind of cool. The plugin transforms it from being another random collection of IRs to something really enjoyable to use. I think the ability to save mixed IR's is forthcoming but it can be done with Revalver hosting it.

There is AcmeBarGig iFace even though I haven't heard a word about in forever. But I do remember that it was supposed to let you move stuff around on a virtual cabinet using different IR libraries. I personally love IR-Lab for mixing and matching IR's, but there are no EQ's and stuff. But the AxeFXII has so many parameters inside the cab block that it would be a bit redundant IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom