Implemented Return to Last View/Scene

BradB

I don't see something quite like this on any list...so here goes: would be great to have a switch function that would send you back to the last scene & view you were on. To explain...during a set, I mostly live in the "scenes" view because that's what I use to navigate during songs. I pop up to preset view between songs, and then go right back to scenes mode. It's easy to program the switches to go right to the scenes view on preset selection. But let’s say you are on view 3 in the scenes layout and you want to head over to the effects layout? Not too hard to do that, but then there is no quick way to get back to the view 4 in the scenes layout (ie the last view you were on). Use case: Imagine going to the bridge of the song and then into an extended instrumental section. Let's say you start thinking about messing around with putting in or pulling out an effect or two. You are getting into the creative process when all of a sudden you notice that the lead singer is bringing everyone back into the bridge. You need to get back to your "Bridge" scene quickly, which happens to be in view 4 of your scenes layout. Unless I'm really missing it, I don't see a quick way to get baxk. You have to go to MLM, select scenes, then use a stand in switch or a series of long holds to navigate to whatever view the Bridge section is in. There just isn't a quick way to get back to the last scene/page view when/if the song moves on unexpectedly. If there was an option to add a "last scene/view" to one of the switches (e.g., assign as a hold function to all the effects switches), then you could quickly get back to the place in the song where you were, and if the band is moving on to the next song section, you can be right there quickly. As it is, I don't really want to mess around too much with the effects during a song because I know that it might be a long road to navigate back to the last scene and view I was in before going to the effects. This option would allow a little more creativity during a set, while not sacrificing the ability to dive right back into the next song section that is coming up. By the way, I really love the FM3. What an amazing tool!

Last edited:
You can set a switch on the Effects Layout to go directly to your Scenes Layout. Press it when you want to do that.

Will it send you to the last view you were in? For example, suppose I was in View 3...is there a way to set it to go back to View 3 or does it return to View 1 as default?

I think this is similar, but a little different. In your suggestion, you would designate the alternate scene. In my suggestion, the FM3 would basically remember the view you were on before you left scenes, and then take you back. I could see this also being used to navigate back and forth in other views too. Eg, it remembers whic view you were on in effects too, so if you were switching back and forth between effects and scenes, it would always show you the last view you were on.

The two I used most were :

- second press of footswitch dials up a different scene (think of a rhythm preset toggling to a lead, and then back again)

- second press of a footswitch recalls previous scene (think of a lead scene going back to wherever you came from)

Can you elaborate?
  • Second press: how the switch know it is a second press? Do you mean a press when the switch is active (or is the last pressed?) Or a tap (first press do X, 2nd press do Y)?
  • The two use above are different fuction or one function?

The first one is equivalent to the FC's "Scene: Toggle" function, so it has been granted.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo.../Fractal-Audio-Footswitch-Functions-Guide.pdf

The second one is still not implemented as far as I know. Use case is:

1. playing a song
2. singer says "solo!"
3. stomp on solo switch
4. singer says "hey, I meant my solo!"
5. stomp on solo switch again, it returns you to the scene you came from

This is great if you solo from different scenes or in general have a utility scene you use a lot...

The first one is equivalent to the FC's "Scene: Toggle" function, so it has been granted.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo.../Fractal-Audio-Footswitch-Functions-Guide.pdf

The second one is still not implemented as far as I know. Use case is:

1. playing a song
2. singer says "solo!"
3. stomp on solo switch
4. singer says "hey, I meant my solo!"
5. stomp on solo switch again, it returns you to the scene you came from

This is great if you solo from different scenes or in general have a utility scene you use a lot...
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/wish-scene-toggle-last-scene.158257/

Back
Top Bottom