Return to footswitch screen

sandmannn69

Experienced
Is there a quick way to return to the footswitch layout screen besides pushing the EXIT button when you are in the edit screen or grid layout screen? Like programming an F-switch to do it?

Couldn't find any reference to this in the manual....

I'm still learning myself.. Thought it would be much like the fx8 but it's totally different.

I can't even figure out how to bypass a block!

Is there a quick way to return to the footswitch layout screen besides pushing the EXIT button when you are in the edit screen or grid layout screen? Like programming an F-switch to do it?

Couldn't find any reference to this in the manual....

I've got the same question as the OP, its been sometime now (and a few firmware updates), is there still no way to return to the footswitch page without pressing the exit button?

I've got the same question as the OP, its been sometime now (and a few firmware updates), is there still no way to return to the footswitch page without pressing the exit button?
How else would you want to get to the FS page? How are you getting away from the FS page in the first place? I don't understand the issue.

How else would you want to get to the FS page? How are you getting away from the FS page in the first place? I don't understand the issue.
If I'm tweaking on the AX8 edit, tweaking parameters would move the AX8 screen away from the footswitch page, and I'm doing this and playing the guitar in between tweaks, having a switch or something allows me to switch back to the FS page without stopping what I'm playing.

Just pause Ax8edit - If that does not take you to the FS screen, edit your preferences in Ax8edit

Even with the preferences set accordingly the AX-8 seems to stay on grid view when AX8 Edit is paused. This happens as soon as you edit any effect block. If you dont change / inspect a preset it stays on FS view.
Like the OP I definitely prefer to see FS view on the AX-8 at all times and definitely by default.

This is on my wishlist too.
Like this: If you edit something in the middle of a song live like raise the delay a little bit, and say the third time you think you have it where you like it, THEN it would be nice to just be able to press like F1 1 time to go to back to FS or at least to where it normally takes you and go back from there, instead of crouching down a fourth time to press exit :)
Its just a small convenience thing!

Even with the preferences set accordingly the AX-8 seems to stay on grid view when AX8 Edit is paused. This happens as soon as you edit any effect block. If you dont change / inspect a preset it stays on FS view.
Like the OP I definitely prefer to see FS view on the AX-8 at all times and definitely by default.

When I pause Ax8edit, the Ax8 screen goes straight to footswitch view, no matter where I was before pausing.

This is on my wishlist too.
Like this: If you edit something in the middle of a song live like raise the delay a little bit, and say the third time you think you have it where you like it, THEN it would be nice to just be able to press like F1 1 time to go to back to FS or at least to where it normally takes you and go back from there, instead of crouching down a fourth time to press exit :)
Its just a small convenience thing!
I would never run Ax8edit live, it slows everything down. If I did, I would make sure to hit pause (there is a shortcut for that) after each edit.

I am lost. when tweaking are you saving your changes or no? If they are not saved and you might tweak more why go back to FS page at all?

I am always amazed at some of the interesting "problems/ scenarios" people find them selves in

I would never run Ax8edit live, it slows everything down. If I did, I would make sure to hit pause (there is a shortcut for that) after each edit.
Nor would I. But I regularly use it in tandem with the unit and all I (we) would prefer is for a default screen based on FS. No big deal.

I am lost. when tweaking are you saving your changes or no? If they are not saved and you might tweak more why go back to FS page at all?

I am always amazed at some of the interesting "problems/ scenarios" people find them selves in

It's fairly straightforward....
With AX-8 on the floor and connect thru to AX8 Edit it would be nice (not a problem as such) if it could stay on FS on its local LCD screen irrespective of what AX8 Edit is doing. You dont even need to touch (edit) a parameter to flip the floor unit LCD to grid.
It's not a big deal (for me).

I think it's just a preference option the OP is looking for. I found myself wanting the same thing at one time. Now I just pause AX8 Edit. No big deal.

But, IF I had an option in preferences that returned the AX8 screen to FS view after 1 second of inactivity in AX8 Edit, I would check that preference box. This is assuming there is no easy way of preventing the AX8 screen from leaving FS mode in the first place. I am not looking at the AX8 screen to see parameter changes when I'm using AX8 Edit. I would also leave the auto AX8 pause feature engaged when hitting a FS.

It's fairly straightforward....
With AX-8 on the floor and connect thru to AX8 Edit it would be nice (not a problem as such) if it could stay on FS on its local LCD screen irrespective of what AX8 Edit is doing. You dont even need to touch (edit) a parameter to flip the floor unit LCD to grid.
It's not a big deal (for me).
I have not checked Ax Edit but in Axe Edit (there at least used to be) and option to have the Axe mirror what edit is doing was able to be turned on or off

Because at some point you're done tweaking? :)

Im always amazed how people tend to get almost irritated by others who are looking for small changes in this perfect flawless unit...

huh, well what do you know.... new V4 firmware fixed this - FS screen staying put.
Iti s defo very near flawless....
Impressed with the Bot update process - couldn't be easier.
This thing is a refined hardware / software dream.

Back
Top Bottom