Return of the Son of NGD

Joe Bfstplk

Legend!
Oops, I did it again, baby....

IMG_20210910_183637.jpg

See what you started, @2112? LOL!

Nice! Man, you're on a roll! MegaMillions came in I guess ;)
Thanks!

Nah, not really. Just saw the opportunity to snag a somewhat hard-to-find model that I really coveted, which was more or less new, but used, and in their awesome smoked orange tiger stripe. It was made 6/6/21, so both of my US PRS guitars are, coincidentally, Geminis, and the pair, next to each other, might make one think I was a Phoenix Suns fan, what, with the purple and orange. Someone bought and returned it, I guess, and they sold it as used.

Purdy! I am still partial to that last PRS you bought, though. :)
Thanks! Adele's a beauty, to be sure. Hobbes is quite handsome, also....

Wow - that's a beauty - congrats!
Thanks!

Oops, I did it again, baby....

IMG_20210910_183637.jpg

See what you started, @2112? LOL!

And, so? You kind of like it? You want to hold it and make it yours?

Yeah, mine did that to me, and now I feel like I am cheating if I don’t take it out to play and caress it and tell it I love it and… I’m such a tool. But I love how she sings so pretty and talks so nasty.

Adele's a beauty, to be sure. Hobbes is quite handsome, also....
I can probably figure out how Hobbes came to be named, but not Adele. Care to elaborate? And do all of them have names?
Naming toys and calling them 'she' is a trait I really think is endearing, that some people do. I don't. But I still find it 👍.

And, so? You kind of like it? You want to hold it and make it yours?

Yeah, mine did that to me, and now I feel like I am cheating if I don’t take it out to play and caress it and tell it I love it and… I’m such a tool. But I love how she sings so pretty and talks so nasty.

Will have to see, as time goes on, how all of that goes. Hobbes is stunningly handsome, and plays really well. It took a while for him to cool off, after riding all around the east valley all day in a hot, brown truck. The finish and the case padding both off-gassed for a while after unboxing. Got to play for a bit tonight. So far, me likey a lot. Ordered a nice black leather strap from Sweetwater. Don't know how this could be a used guitar being as new as it is, but someone already sent the warrantee card in. Can only find one tiny flaw in the finish that looks like someone may have played it and put a tiny dot on one spot of the side of the body.

I can probably figure out how Hobbes came to be named, but not Adele. Care to elaborate? And do all of them have names?
Naming toys and calling them 'she' is a trait I really think is endearing, that some people do. I don't. But I still find it 👍.
Violet (well, lavender, too) was my grandmother's favorite color. Elle est venu d'une famille d'origine Français. Adele was her middle name.
IMG_20210910_235026_0.jpg

Most of my older guitars have had names, over the years, some of which I remember. The Gecko Tele is 'Rosalita'. The Strat is 'Azul'. The LP I no longer own was 'Cerise'. Most of the newer ones (last 4 years or so) haven't revealed their names yet....

Only one of my guitars ever has had a name, my 70s Martin D35, who is Elizabeth. She told me her name pretty much immediately, and so be it. The others have all been nameless.

UPDATE: The reason it was sold as used and not new is that the person taking the photos lost the hang tag, and Eddie's Guitars, being a "Private Stock" dealer, can't sell it as new without the hang tag. He suggested I could even register it for the warrantee. :)

Back
Top Bottom