Return Of LEMUR SUPPORT is HERE

Hi,

There has been good support for this template, and I truly appreciate the comments, and support for this effort.

You can download http://www.gspedit.com/data/AxeForLemur.3.08.zip directly.

Please review the release notes for a list of changes and known issues.

The biggest issue is "no-support-for-AxeFx-XL". This is because the SysEx device ID for the XL and XL+ are not yet supported by the AxeForLemur template. I hope to fix this soon.

Please post to this forum, PM me, or send messages through gspedit.com if you have comments, new bugs, questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Brett.

Great news. Hope to get to play around with this tonight. Will post feedback on the weekend most likely.

Thanks

Gregg

Great news. Hope to get to play around with this tonight. Will post feedback on the weekend most likely.

Thanks

Gregg

Hi all, Nice to see this coming back to life. But, both Axe For Lemur build 3.07 & 3.08 with Lemur v5.2.2 on iPad don't seem to work with Axe FX Ultra. Only the tempo syncs. Anybody had any success? Cheers, Luke

Is this project dead? Only 4 backers on the website. I'm interested, but would be more likely to back once I've got a working product to evaluate as I suspect are others - see Simeons preset thread for example.

Hi, I'm one of the four supporters and I'm sorry to see this not get traction in the community. In its current state, I'd say 90% of the main functions are present and work without issue. Touch screen control of sliders is great. The interface is very intuitive and easy to use. If the functionality was half of what it is now, it would still be worth using. GUIFARM has done a great job bringing it closer to fully up to date, but it's a big project and he's doing it without help or much financial support.

Quick Lemur question.

I've contacted Liine Support but received no response in regard to getting a hold of an older version of Lemur (4.0.1). The Axe for Lemur template that I was using ceased working on later versions. Can anybody point me in the right direction? I'm currently on version 5.something.
Cheers

Just a quiet bump to see if anything is happening with this, the XL support is what I was waiting for. I have downloaded the 3.08 version to see if I could have a go at doing it myself. If so I'll post my results.

I would like to update the script for the XL. Four supporters indicated they needed XL support for the script.

I have asked Matt P. for a loaner AxeFx-XL for a month to do this. I have not received a response.
I believe AxeFx users are interested in this script, I wish Fractal Audio showed some interest.

Maybe I could purchase an AxeFx-XL and return it after 15 days (this is part of the Fractal Audio sales policy).
I will only have to pay for return shipping, customs brokerage, taxes and duties and
80 hours of my time to code and test script changes for AxeFx-XL sysex message device-ID's.

I will update this thread in a couple weeks with my progress.

Thanks for your support and interest.

I would like to update the script for the XL. Four supporters indicated they needed XL support for the script.

I have asked Matt P. for a loaner AxeFx-XL for a month to do this. I have not received a response.
I believe AxeFx users are interested in this script, I wish Fractal Audio showed some interest.

Maybe I could purchase an AxeFx-XL and return it after 15 days (this is part of the Fractal Audio sales policy).
I will only have to pay for return shipping, customs brokerage, taxes and duties and
80 hours of my time to code and test script changes for AxeFx-XL sysex message device-ID's.

I will update this thread in a couple weeks with my progress.

Thanks for your support and interest.

I've been having a play myself with my XL+, I've got the two talking (tempo flashing), preset name changing, and the tuner working but that's it at the moment. So looking forward to what you can do.

Support for the XL's has been coded and unit tested.

SysEx Model-ID's for 'AxeFx-XL,' and 'AxeFx- XL+' have been added to the script.
(Many thank to smfelton, for running tests and providing quick informative feedback),

I have sent "AxeForLemur.3.09Beta.zip" to supporters for testing and evaluation. There are still some bugs with Lemur 5.3 to work out.

I have updated the script for XL and XL+ Device ID's and Quantum AMPs (still have to support AX8).
You can get script from http://www.gspedit.com/data/AxeForLemur.3.09.zip

I put up a couple youtubes to show what this script can do:
( Its an AxeFx editor for iPad and Android Tablets using the Lemur APP, it communicates through direct MIDI Cable or 'WIFI to USB Host' )

Part 1 :
Part 2 :
Part 2 :

( Note: I uploaded two copies of 'Part 2', one of these might not play )

Last edited:
Hi, the second video above shows up as private, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks. And thanks for your continued efforts on Axe for Lemur, I just installed 3.09, looks good. With Lemur at $24.99 (I paid $50 when I bought it), I can't imagine why people aren't beating down your door to support your work on this.

Sorry guys for being ignorant is this basically AXE EDIT for the mobile devices? Iphones, S7s, ect.

Hi, the second video above shows up as private, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks. And thanks for your continued efforts on Axe for Lemur, I just installed 3.09, looks good. With Lemur at $24.99 (I paid $50 when I bought it), I can't imagine why people aren't beating down your door to support your work on this.

Mos
Sorry guys for being ignorant is this basically AXE EDIT for the mobile devices? Iphones, S7s, ect.

Err, well, kind of. Lemur is an APP that runs on IOS and Android devices, intended to control Midi and OSC devices. Lemur started out being a custom tablet, but with the introduction of IPADs and Android Tablets, they (LIINE Company) moved away from hardware to supporting an APP product. The devices could load a script that defined the user interface and communication protocols for a number of computer music devices, like keyboards, musical instruments, effect units, daws, etc.

A Fractal Forum member 'scrutinizer' implemented a Lemur script called "AxeForLemur" that basically was equivalent to AxeEdit at the time of Firmware 12. He quietly ceased his development efforts. I started to support this script around the time of Firmware 18, and I keep it going when there is interest by forum members.

It works, the $25 cost for Lemur is worth it, not only for an IPAD Editor for Fractal, but for Lemur's ability to control a range of MIDI and OSC devices. Read into it, decide if you want to experiment with this. The script is free.

the script is laid out for an IPAD resolution ( 1024x768 points ), but its a bit cumbersome to use on an IPHONE.

A word of caution, it takes some perseverance to get it to run over WIFI and MIDI.
See : http://www.gspedit.com/data/AxeforLemur_presentation_v3.pdf for more details

Good Luck,

Last edited:
Mos

Err, well, kind of. Lemur is an APP that runs on IOS and Android devices, intended to control Midi and OSC devices. Lemur started out being a custom tablet, but with the introduction of IPADs and Android Tablets, they (LIINE Company) moved away from hardware to supporting an APP product. The devices could load a script that defined the user interface and communication protocols for a number of computer music devices, like keyboards, musical instruments, effect units, daws, etc.

A Fractal Forum member 'scrutinizer' implemented a Lemur script called "AxeForLemur" that basically was equivalent to AxeEdit at the time of Firmware 12. He quietly ceased his development efforts. I started to support this script around the time of Firmware 18, and I keep it going when there is interest by forum members.

It works, the $25 cost for Lemur is worth it, not only for an IPAD Editor for Fractal, but for Lemur's ability to control a range of MIDI and OSC devices. Read into it, decide if you want to experiment with this. The script is free.

the script is laid out for an IPAD resolution ( 1024x768 points ), but its a bit cumbersome to use on an IPHONE.

A word of caution, it takes some perseverance to get it to run over WIFI and MIDI.
See : http://www.gspedit.com/data/AxeforLemur_presentation_v3.pdf for more details

Good Luck,
A bit confused - In post #55 I can download a script but then you say it's $25 for Lemur. Are these two different things? Does the script run in Lemur?

A bit confused - In post #55 I can download a script but then you say it's $25 for Lemur. Are these two different things? Does the script run in Lemur?

Yes the script (free) runs in Lemur (APP-$35 I mis quoted price, myBad). To load the script into Lemur you will need to get an editor from the Liine.com web site (free).

Back
Top Bottom