Return Of LEMUR SUPPORT is HERE

Would be cool to get AxeForLemur running on a Big 21" touch screen android device like this :

Acer_DA220HQL.jpg

Amazon.com : Acer DA220HQL 21.5-Inch Android All-in-One Touchscreen Desktop 2013 Model : Desktop Computers : Computers & Accessories
DA | Desktops - Touchez, inclinez et surfez | Acer

Right now there seems to be a problem with the LEMUR for ANDROID version since it is only doing USB tethering though a USB cable. As far as I understand it means there a need for a computer in between the ANDROID device and the MIDI device (AXE-FX). Connecting the the USB output from the android device directly to a USB to MIDI cables interface does not seems directly feasible. But I might have got it wrong. Anybody has experience with driving MIDI devides from ANDROID "directly" (no computer in between) using a "standart" USB to MIDI cable like :
Roland - UM-2EX | USB MIDI Interface
Roland - UM-ONE mk2 | USB MIDI Interface

Hello,

I am interested in contributing as well. Would be very interested in beta testing.

Thanks

Wyzyguy

I don't have an android device, but the go-to connection method for my iOS devices is the iConnectMIDI4+ and a wifi router. Gives me wireless midi on any device.
It seems to me all that would be needed to add android devices wirelessly is rtpMIDI support. See here:
http://www.humatic.de/htools/nmj/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lemur newb & AxeForLemur newb

Installed Lemur App on IpadII
Installed Lemur Editor on Mac
Loaded the AxeForLemur3.07 into Lemur Editor
FW 18.07 loaded on the AxeFXII
Imac Running 10.10.3 OS X

I can get the app to control the editor on the mac, ie.. it follows the changes made to the Ipad.
Nothing going on with the AxeFXII itself.
AXFXII hooked up to Imac via UBS
AxeEdit works fine.

Unsure what to do next.. Help

Thanks

Wyzyguy

Lemur newb & AxeForLemur newb

Installed Lemur App on IpadII
Installed Lemur Editor on Mac
Loaded the AxeForLemur3.07 into Lemur Editor
FW 18.07 loaded on the AxeFXII
Imac Running 10.10.3 OS X

I can get the app to control the editor on the mac, ie.. it follows the changes made to the Ipad.
Nothing going on with the AxeFXII itself.
AXFXII hooked up to Imac via UBS
AxeEdit works fine.

Unsure what to do next.. Help

Thanks

Wyzyguy

In the Lemur Daemon you need to
"add" Daemon MIDI In then double click on AXE-FX II MIDI In
You will see your iPad in the listing, expand and highlight "Lemur In 0" and click on connect

Repeat for Daemon MIDI out and double click on AXE-FX II MIDI Out and set to "Lemur Out 0"

Cheers

Oh my god, it feels so good this too rework finally.
Not every function are ok, but for the main this is the best solution.
I've test it on my ipad, but I really wish it work with my Galaxy S4, I need to find a solution for rearshal minor tweaking.

Android tablets, and Phones and IPods will have different logical screen resolutions.

The AxeForLemur template is hard coded for 1024x768, any smaller target devices will have vertical and horizontal scroll bars. Scroll bars are a nuisance but allow you to function. Any larger screens will have unused screen space.

Apple devices use a system of 'Logical Points' to determine application screen coordinates. this allows for Retina displays to have more more physical pixels per point. Early Ipads has screen res of 1024x768 but now they are in the HD range. The GPU's perform up/down scaling.

So with Android devices, a programmer could create a template that matched the screen resolution and manually move and resize all the AxeForLemur controls in order to have them presented on the target display without scroll bars. This is a lot of work, not mention slow, because the Lemur Editor sends live updates to the Lemur APP, then the Lemur APP appears to send the changes back to the Editor, which causes additional changes to the source script. This causes problems for source control, where changes need to be 'clean', without a lot of superfluous changes. There may be 20 to 30 pages of within AxeForLemur, it took me 6 hours to resize AMP control to fit on my iPhone 6. Its possible, but time consuming

Support for other device screen resolutions is possible, but could require significant effort.

In the Lemur Daemon you need to
"add" Daemon MIDI In then double click on AXE-FX II MIDI In
You will see your iPad in the listing, expand and highlight "Lemur In 0" and click on connect

Repeat for Daemon MIDI out and double click on AXE-FX II MIDI Out and set to "Lemur Out 0"

Cheers

Got it up and running... Very cool... Thanks for all the help..you as well guifarm... I did not know that you needed to use Daemon as well... Very excited for the next updated of the template...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK, so the script on the page does work, it just doesn't show anything. I got an email from guifarm.

I got the v3.07 AxeForLemur script to run on my Galaxy tab S3 7" (Thanks guifarm for the update). The Y definition of the screen being smaller than the one of the script there is a bit of scrolling but it works and it is not to bothersome.

The MIDI is going through my MAC with WIFI and then to the AXE-FX II.

It's quite something to be able to control the AXE-FX with the tip of the fingers.:D The only disappointment is when I start touching the AXE-FX Front Panel screen and that it does not change the parameter's value.:roll

I've had a look at the script and it's fairly easily understandable. Just wonder why the Layout screens is not in there anymore. To hard to adapt to the new Lemur version ?

Last edited:
I am running v3.07 on an Ipad2 with Imac on Wifi.. and the layout screen is there. It shows with &without the routing. While not completely functioning with all controls.. it is really useful. I find it interesting that more people are not chiming in on this.

I got the v3.07 AxeForLemur script to run on my Galaxy tab S3 7" (Thanks guifarm for the update). The Y definition of the screen being smaller than the one of the script there is a bit of scrolling but it works and it is not to bothersome.

The MIDI is going through my MAC with WIFI and then to the AXE-FX II.

It's quite something to be able to control the AXE-FX with the tip of the fingers.:D The only disappointment is when I start touching the AXE-FX Front Panel screen and that it does not change the parameter's value.:roll

I've had a look at the script and it's fairly easily understandable. Just wonder why the Layout screens is not in there anymore. To hard to adapt to the new Lemur version ?

Oops, I actually loaded a old v2.06 script that I had on my computer. With the v3.07, the "Lay Out" button is there. Surprising that v2.06 actually "worked", AFAIR it was supposed not to be compatible with v5.2 of Lemur (some kind of dot notation issue).

Up to now, I've had the following issues with v3.07 on ANDROID :
- the App crash when closing it.
- parameters that should be retained, like "Display offset" or "Favorite Presets" are not
- Reverb controls don't work appart from Reverb Type.
- Changing Preset doesn't work

Appart from that I am having fun with the Delay block. Just so much easier to try new config and adjust them.

Hi,

Since last week about 16 members have contacted me and indicated support for this project, with some financial support. I really appreciate this.

Anyone can download http://www.gspedit.com/data/AxeForLemur.3.07.zip directly.

Please post to this forum, PM me, or send messages through gspedit.com if you have comments, questions or concerns. I am working towards a 3.08 release.

Someone pointed out this script does not work with the XL and XL+ this is because of device ID's. I will either make a 3.071 or release 3.08 to address this once its fixed, so please dont be alarmed that the 3.07 doesnt work on XL.

Thanks,
Brett.

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for resurrecting this tool. With your first effort (3.07) it looks to me like you've got 80% of all the functionality of the AxeFX working, that's impressive. And it's so nice being able to adjust a parameter by sliding a finger up and down on a touch screen. I hope we can more people on board and involved.

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for resurrecting this tool. With your first effort (3.07) it looks to me like you've got 80% of all the functionality of the AxeFX working, that's impressive. And it's so nice being able to adjust a parameter by sliding a finger up and down on a touch screen. I hope we can more people on board and involved.

I too am excited to see this being resurrected. I have been wanting an updated iPad tool to use to control my Axe FX II ever since the death of AxePad (RIP)

Back
Top Bottom