Return Of LEMUR SUPPORT is HERE

bradlake

Axe-Master
THIS WAS POSTED IN THE OLD SCRUTINIZER THREAD TODAY, by new member guifarm......I didn't want this to get buried in what many may have thought is a dead-end thread, and it seems this is fairly momentous news, I thought it deserved a new thread so unsolicited I Posted it.. Coding is way beyond my feeble brain....Good Luck Brett

I have restarted support for AxeForLemur. AxeFoLemur3.07.jzml is functional on Lemur 5.2 for IOS 8.

The Lemur APP with the AxeForLemur.jzml script is a robust iPad controller for Fractal AxeFx(tm). It was written by David Sorlien under an open non-commercial license. Development of the Lemur script ceased two years ago with version 3.06 and only runs on Lemur 4.1 ( no longer available ).

There is a crowd funding drive on GspEdit - Guitar Fx Editors to make AxeForLemur available to all. Additional work is required to update the script to 3.08 to support AxeFX Firmware 18.x. (Its 30k lines of code, in a 3.5meg file of quasi-xml/c-script, its no walk in the park).

I will support the script so long as there is interest from the Fractal community. Please use the 'Contact us' Form within GspEdit - Guitar Fx Editors to request a copy of 3.07, contribute and inquire.

Its an awesome tool. Lets get it ready for prime-time.

GspEdit - Guitar Effect Editors

Thanks,
Brett.

Last edited:
bump

THIS WAS POSTED IN THE OLD SCRUTINIZER THREAD TODAY, by new member guifarm......I didn't want this to get buried in what many may have thought is a dead-end thread, and it seems this is fairly momentous news, I thought it deserved a new thread so unsolicited I Posted it.. Coding is way beyond my feeble brain....Good Luck Brett

I have restarted support for AxeForLemur. AxeFoLemur3.07.jzml is functional on Lemur 5.2 for IOS 8.

The Lemur APP with the AxeForLemur.jzml script is a robust iPad controller for Fractal AxeFx(tm). It was written by David Sorlien under an open non-commercial license. Development of the Lemur script ceased two years ago with version 3.06 and only runs on Lemur 4.1 ( no longer available ).

There is a crowd funding drive on GspEdit - Guitar Fx Editors to make AxeForLemur available to all. Additional work is required to update the script to 3.08 to support AxeFX Firmware 18.x. (Its 30k lines of code, in a 3.5meg file of quasi-xml/c-script, its no walk in the park).

I will support the script so long as there is interest from the Fractal community. Please use the 'Contact us' Form within GspEdit - Guitar Fx Editors to request a copy of 3.07, contribute and inquire.

Its an awesome tool. Lets get it ready for prime-time.

GspEdit - Guitar Effect Editors

Thanks,
Brett.

Would this also be available on Android? If so, then I'll just reroute my earnings for the next month into their account.

Would this also be available on Android? If so, then I'll just reroute my earnings for the next month into their account.

Dunno, i just reposted this and, at least on my fully current IMac, the website is up but the signup links do not yet appear to work. I hope Brett will see this and start chiming in.......

Why would the actual developer not post this here, since this is the epicenter of Axe users & support?

Why would the actual developer not post this here, since this is the epicenter of Axe users & support?
he did in the old scrutnizer thread, this AM as i said in OP. i posted this so folks like us would see it, I expect he will speak up again soon

I've been wanting to try this lately ,but was unsure if it was still available , or compatible with new firmware ?

I've been wanting to try this lately ,but was unsure if it was still available , or compatible with new firmware ?

The old Lemur Axe-FX script is available, but is not compatible with the current version of Lemur and will not work at all. You cannot get the older versions of Lemur for
testing. The AxeForLemur script needs to tons of updates just to make the old version work with the current version of Lemur. After that you start working on making
it support the new Firmware 18 features.

The midi codes to change Presets, Scenes, etc. will be the same for all versions of firmware, but the new parameters the "blocks" support will need to be updated within the app.
Also, the midi codes that are sent to change parameters withing blocks is not documented, so all communications has to be reverse engineered.
It's a lot of work, especially for someone who would rather be playing guitar.

Thanks for your support.

Yes, I have coded the required support for Lemur 5.2 and I am running on IOS 8 on AxeFx-II.
I have not tested this on android (dont have one), but it should work if the screen resolutions are compatible with apple's ipad' 'points' system.
I can run this with WIFI to a PC/MAC host to USB-Axe, or Tethered from iPad through camera connection kit to a stock USB-MIDI cable.

Solo-Act was instrumental in getting me running with this. Many thanks to him.

Versions:
3.06 is broken on Lemur 5.2 (current APP offering from LIINE)
3.07 (my contribution so far) fixes the 5.2 problem
3.08 (to be implemented) will support FAS18, and fix multi-function sliders, and fix a number of FAS updates that have happened since FAS10 Firmware,
I have a list of deficiencies in 3.07 release notes that I intend to fix

I have started a funding drive to cover some of my costs and hours. FAS does not want direct commercial promotion on this forum, this is why I put a page up on GspEdit - Guitar Effect Editors. You can go there and request 3.07 or you can PM me, I will email you a functioning AxeForLemur3.07.jzml, release notes and a link for funding contributions.
In order to gauge the interest in Lemur, I prefer to email copies directly to each user for the first couple weeks, I will make 3.07 available for download in a week or so.

Don't get me wrong, I am not 'scrutinizer'. I have read into this template, I understand it, I can code it and update it but I may not be able to design new features and may not be able to keep up with FAS.

I like Lemur, and I like to sail through presets with multi-touch glass, its nicer than a mice or dials. I want to finish this puppy and get back to guitar playing.

I appreciate the support

Thanks

Great endeavor guifarm.

I still havn't got an iPad. Though 2 weeks ago I was thinking of getting a second hand unit, to maybe give a go at the AxeFor Lemur script. Do you know what is the minimum "requirement" for the iPad. Say "not before Ipad 2". Actually, which iPad are you running it on and is Lemur 5.2 the latest version of Lemur ?

I was ready to contribute to the crowdfunding but it does not look like it's active right now (Participate send me to Get Started that sends me to Participate), or is it ?

Thanks for quoting me on your GspEdit page.

Thanks Palygap, (thanks for letting me quote you).

Regarding page: I have remove the 'get started' button from the web page, 'click' the 'CONTACT US NOW' button to get more info, 3.07 and contribute.

I cant tell you for sure what is the minimum version of iPad you can use with Lemur, and this template/script. Maybe some else here can chime in.

Things to keep in mind:

Screen Resolutions: The template/script is written for iPad screen 'points' resolution, which may vary between revisions of the IPAD and its OS
The Ultimate Guide To iPhone Resolutions for iPhones, iOS Resolution Reference - iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch resolution, aspect ratios, icons sizes, and much more for iOS6 and iOS7. Just added iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+, Apple Watch coming soon for IOS devices suggests a standard logical size of 1024 x 768.
It sucks to have to use 'scroll bars with this template' when the device's resolution is smaller than 1024x678. The template can run on iPhones, but the scroll bars are a nuisance.

I figure Android tablets will have many different screen resolutions, it would be worth your while to check within the LIINE FORUM for a list recommended android tablets that have iPAD compatible screen resolutions. Maybe someone on this FORUM has experience with AxeForLemur on Android and can chime in.

Thanks guy for the infos. So iPad 2 should be OK then.

The good news is that LEMUR now runs on ANDROID devices. Looks like quite a recent development. Glad since I was not very keen on buying an iPad.

I have a 7" Galaxy tab 3 (1024 x 600). I'll give it a go though the screen is not quite large enough. At 25 €, that Lemur soft is a bargain.

Buy the way, anybody using AxeForLemur on Android devices?

Hey, I was trying to add my support in the email form at the bottom of the GspEdit site, but it isn't sending my message as far as I can see. Using Firefox on a brand new Mac.

I'll try Safari.

This is so good,

I think you need to do a video to show this powerfull tool is a must.

Back
Top Bottom