Rethink, Rework, Reboot. Building a preset - JCM800 - Major Twist for ANY Preset

So when are we going to see your patches for the II Scott?

Some of the stock II presets were mine or originated with me. :D (Only the good ones, btw. ;) :D LOL!)

I'll be doing a lot more and videos getting inside of them too. Hang tight.

Sorry I am on a family vacation on my Droid phone - so sometimes the posts are a bit 'off'.

The Tape Drive is mono; so at the end of a chain, it makes the signal mono. I might use it to color, but found that it wasn't necessary to what I was doing with the Ultra at the end of my signal and I preferred running in stereo.

Thanks for the reply! On your vacation no less. Have a good one man!

Some of the stock II presets were mine or originated with me. :D (Only the good ones, btw. ;) :D LOL!)

I'll be doing a lot more and videos getting inside of them too. Hang tight.

Did you ever redo this patch concept specifically for the AxeII and post your fab prefab presets like you did at the start of this thread?

No, I have not. It is my intention to do so as time allows.

Did you move on to a better/different patch preset working methodology? I thought this preset technique was central to your sound-getting and patch making on the Axe, so how could you go without an Axe 2 version of the patch template for so long? (I said, not trying to be a wise-guy!) I'm seriously interested in where you've moved on to since this RRR method.

Did you move on to a better/different patch preset working methodology? I thought this preset technique was central to your sound-getting and patch making on the Axe, so how could you go without an Axe 2 version of the patch template for so long? (I said, not trying to be a wise-guy!) I'm seriously interested in where you've moved on to since this RRR method.

The layout is similar; the goals are similar so that's not really changed. The application of what G2 brings to the table most definitely changes it up. At the same time, it is far more simple than it has ever been.

You'll recognize the same sort of layout; I have three expression pedals and have come into very practical (to me) uses of them at the same time. Everything is dynamic now in real time with the expression pedals.

I can't find this impulse: Marshall1960A-G12Ms-4038-Room.wav,0.05 in my Redwirez folder. Any advice where it may be?

And one more question (and a noob one): those IRs already come with mike characteristics, so should i set mike type in cab properties to "none"?

I can't find this impulse: Marshall1960A-G12Ms-4038-Room.wav,0.05 in my Redwirez folder. Any advice where it may be?

i think scott used the IR mixing app on the redwirez site to create this IR and the .05 is a reference to the choice of 5% for the "room" IR.

That's using the mixer (as noted above)on the RedWire site to add in that IR percentage-wise into the mix.

And one more question (and a noob one): those IRs already come with mike characteristics, so should i set mike type in cab properties to "none"?

Yes (also as noted above).

So much for sitting down and relaxing tonight. :mrgreen:

I just read through this twice and to be honest I'm not sure if I should be worried or impressed that I'm starting to understand a bit of what you're talking about. This is the kind of thread that I love, where it's not a one and done, I can spend a few hours or even days trying to extract all the information and learn from it.

I appreciate the hell out of the way that you share information and don't just 'upload a patch that sounds cool' (even though I appreciate all of those too). Just wanted to thank you in advance for the headache I am about to receive. :)

YES. Word on that!

I would be lying if I said I understand most of this, but I'm getting dribs and drabs. It'll also probably be awhile before I get this deep into IRs NF/FF etc. - BUT: I wanted to say THANK YOU SCOTT, for the amount of time and energy you put into threads like this one. I am very grateful to you and the others on this board who really dig deep and share their insights/secrets/revelations, and, in your case, share with such depth, clarity, and documentation. Thank you so much.

Sorry for dumb questions.

This is actually the first time i'm using my Standard (it was being repaired) and i'm getting really good results. I have followed Scott's advice in most aspects, except that the second IR is Marshall 1960A-U87_ConeEdge12in and i did enable the boost option in the amp block. With Genelec 8030 active monitors it all sounds... like it should. I've never been able to achieve this kind of sound with POD )))

And can't wait to use it with my band!

YES. Word on that!

I would be lying if I said I understand most of this, but I'm getting dribs and drabs. It'll also probably be awhile before I get this deep into IRs NF/FF etc. - BUT: I wanted to say THANK YOU SCOTT, for the amount of time and energy you put into threads like this one. I am very grateful to you and the others on this board who really dig deep and share their insights/secrets/revelations, and, in your case, share with such depth, clarity, and documentation. Thank you so much.

Cool - glad to hear that and glad it helped even a little bit.

Sorry for dumb questions.

This is actually the first time i'm using my Standard (it was being repaired) and i'm getting really good results. I have followed Scott's advice in most aspects, except that the second IR is Marshall 1960A-U87_ConeEdge12in and i did enable the boost option in the amp block. With Genelec 8030 active monitors it all sounds... like it should. I've never been able to achieve this kind of sound with POD )))

And can't wait to use it with my band!

Cool - enjoy!!

Yeah, now i get where i was wrong. I did not use the cab mixes you described (must have been inattentive when reading). I was using stero cabs instead. It also seems to me I'll have to keep it this way: CAB (in stereo) will be the last block on the grid and i'll have to keep all my mod&time-based efx effects between the amp and the cab, because i want to run everything in stereo and have a chance to use 2 pairs of outputs - one to FOH, the other (with FXL block) to pwramp+guitar cab.
Hope I can be forgiven for this 'operator error' during his first day at work )))) Will try more options in the morining ;)

Back
Top Bottom