"Resurrection" Jam with yek preset and sustainer

Matoshi

Inspired
Guten Abend!

Here's a little sunday evening jam I recorded after stumbling upon a really cool inspiring preset from yek's collection that features a synth pad (the name is "PinkF Pd Ex2-EB yek"). I tweaked a little bit (basically more delay/reverb and changed the cab to the free OH UR Bogner IR) and started jamming until I came up with this small piece. Go to the soundcloud page and download the wav version for better sound!

What you hear is my brand new Fender Eric Clapton signature strat through the Vibesware Guitar Resonator for the feedback/sustainer sounds.

Enjoy :encouragement:

Very nice... Thanks! I love to listen to and play this kind of stuff.

That sustainer makes things sound so sweet and from what I hear it works quite well. I'm considering adding one of those little beauties to my arsenal.
Which one of the resonator models are you using and do you utilize the GR-1 Foot Controller?

Last edited:
Hey Johnny, I'm glad you liked the clip! :)

I'm a big fan of the resonators, they sweeten things up for sure! And it's very easy to use them for little nuances like in this track. For this recording I used the GR-1 and I did use the foot controller but left it in one position for all the harmonics. So basically you could get the same results with the Junior II model.

In case you're wondering, the foot controller only works with the GR-1, not with the Junior. You can switch between overtones by placing the resonator at different points along the neck, so the controller is not a must, but it does make it much more comfortable if you want to really use the whole potential of the device. For example, the intro of my song "The Dive" would have been a PITA without the controller haha! I posted a video of it in this thread if you're interested. :encouragement:

Back
Top Bottom