Restoring a preset with a global block

Mutha Goose

Inspired
I LOVE the Global Blocks, especially for the amps. I often make many copies of the same preset with different FX compliments or scenes. This way, when I adjust the amp in 1 preset, all of the presets get updated too.

Before I begin tweaking, I always create a backup. This way I can always go back to scratch if I mess up.

So, if I start making changes to a preset with the amp linked to Global Block 1, hitting "save" along the way, but decide I want to go back to the start so I re-load my backup copy (which also has the amp linked to Global Block 1), will the preset automatically load with the most recent Global Block values, or will it re-load from the values that were set when I saved the preset?

I LOVE the Global Blocks, especially for the amps. I often make many copies of the same preset with different FX compliments or scenes. This way, when I adjust the amp in 1 preset, all of the presets get updated too.

Before I begin tweaking, I always create a backup. This way I can always go back to scratch if I mess up.

So, if I start making changes to a preset with the amp linked to Global Block 1, hitting "save" along the way, but decide I want to go back to the start so I re-load my backup copy (which also has the amp linked to Global Block 1), will the preset automatically load with the most recent Global Block values, or will it re-load from the values that were set when I saved the preset?
As soon as you save the preset the global block is saved.

Restoring the preset will reference the global block, not restore it.

The settings for global blocks are in the system settings. You'd need to also have a backup of system settings and then restore those was well.

Optionally, you could unlink all global blocks in the preset before backing up. I think that's a simple operation in Axe-Edit.

Then revert the preset (to get the links back) before editing.

However, if you restore from that backup you'd need to save and link any global blocks again.

One of few downsides of global blocks.

Back
Top Bottom