Respective Amps Best Factory Cabs

Hey all,

I use Axe FX 2 XL+ for live and for recordings. Played more than 15 gigs now. Hands down the best gear I have by far.. I love it. Each day it gives me goosebumps. Ok so back to my query.. As of now I don't have Cab packs. Many of you guys use Cab packs. And many are like me who use Factory IR's.

I have Genelecs in my home studio. My room is not treated. I got to know that we have to make presets at loud volumes.
P.S I have tinnitus. And it's difficult for me to make presets at that volume.. having tones of amps and cabs. It's difficult for me to start a preset from scratch.

I have couple of amps which I am interested in playing. So want there respective Cabs.( Perfect factory IR's)
If u guys can tell me the IR's for them..

My list is as follows:

1. USA Clean
2. Shimmer Clean
3. Double Verb
4. Hook
5. TX Star Clean
6. Matchbox DC 30
7. Plexi 50/100 watts
8. Solo 100
9. Suhr Badger 30
10. AC 30
11. Friedman HBE
12. 6160 block
13. 5150
14. Mark IIc+
15. Mark IV
16. USA Pre Yellow
17. JS400

These amps are right now my fav Amps. I guess many of us love them.. if u guys can help me on this..

My second query is do we have to make presets at loud volume for recordings as well??

Thanx.

There is much talk about Cab 58 and 59.. which amps from the above will be the best for the cabs.

Secondly I like amps which break up easily. Have a nice grit on them. If u guys know amps other than my list pls lemme know the amp and there factory cab.

I am just asking so that I can make my presets in less time without damaging my ears. It sucks when u have tinnitus

My advice is that all of u use ear plugs or some kind of protection.. guitars being a high frequency instrument will damage your hearing.. m myself dealing with it.. no turning back.
Cheers to the community.

Cab 58 n 59 will work with most if not all of those, you can also check yek's amp guide and it'll tell you what cabs the real amps use and their corresponding factory iterations

Back
Top Bottom