Resource for open chords

Dpoirier

Fractal Fanatic
I know pretty well all the chords I've ever needed to play electric guitar in a rock context, but I have to brush up on acoustic for an upcoming concert, and I'm looking for a good "list" or chart of open chords (and unusual chords) that are particularly nice on acoustic. I'm not looking for an exhaustive encyclopedia or theory book, just short and to the point collection of open chords. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and similarly, any particularly effective list of alternate tunings would also be great. I'm thinking of unusual guitar chord progressions like you'd routinely hear on Joni Mitchell and similar recordings. Thanks Fractal community!

I would simply look at there are just 5 open chord shapes

E A C D G

And all are barred/movable

And, while all are- most people, most music- most of the time only uses the E and A form chords

So, I'd look at where the roots are and moving some C D and G chords around and move/barre them and you can get some nice voices and that covers everything except the Fmaj7 chord...

So I guess just listen to Third Eye Blind Jumper and that pretty much covers all the chords the world is missing

Thanks guys, much appreciated. My google searches had not been nearly as useful (I really think Google is now meddling too much in searches, which are now becoming more and more irrelevant and useless)

Back
Top Bottom