Resonator effect

I tried to use it to recreate a resonator effect from my Digitech Spacestation but I simply couldn't get there. I ended up getting there using the Flanger block with the rate at zero. So no I'm not using it.

I recently just started playing with it because I'm chasing an Alan Holdsworth type tone and I found it works well for that. I actually really like the character.

Can be used with acoustic simulations.

Manual says that it's used for speech and percussion.

Yes, I too would like to hear sound samples of this effect ... always avoided it ... but would love to know what it can really do.

i use it on my sitar patch to generate some sympathetic resonance. it's not your typical guitar type effect. try setting the feedback quite high and hitting percussive noises into it from your guitar. also try attaching master frequency to the adsr, so it drops from high to low on each hit

oh, i also used it on my murf patch as well. modulated master frequency with the sequencer and used a hard trem. it's on the axechange

I have been messing with attaching an LFO and CC to sweep the freq. As long as you do it slowly and keep the Q small it sounds kind of cool.

Who is using this effect? I messed with it today and can get some really cool sounding stuff.

Can you give some examples of how you use it? (maybe some clips or presets or settings or whatever). The Crossover and the Resonantor are probably the only blocks I have hardly used because I am not familiar with the possibilities or appliances. But might be nice to add to my 'go to' effects.

I use it in synth patches to add more noise.
My insect patch uses it. Ive yet to upload it.
Still working out the....BUGS!

Can you give some examples of how you use it? (maybe some clips or presets or settings or whatever). The Crossover and the Resonantor are probably the only blocks I have hardly used because I am not familiar with the possibilities or appliances. But might be nice to add to my 'go to' effects.

I have it one of my basic Rock presets using the Triptic Classic at the end of the signal chain running FRFR. Mainly turn it on for solo work and tune the Freq to tast set the Q pretty low and in some Freq settings it can give the tone an expanded or hollow or stuffy sound. You just have to play with it. What started the whole thing is I went looking for a tone the is used in a Cheap Trick song "She's Tight". The guitar has a stuffy kind of filtered sound to it. Went looking through the different effects and stoped on the Resonator.

Maybe this will give some inspiration for Resonator presets:
Should be possible to recreate some of those sounds on the Axe. Maybe use the resonator together with the MultiDelay. The sound at the beginning is especially nice. Will experiment some more with it this week. Really like that H9 pedal and the Eventide 'factor' and 'space' pedals by the way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom