Resonator effect?

Gene

Inspired
Hi, I was just using the resonator effect in a clean/on the verge of breakup patch featuring a Division 13 11 watt model and matching 12" speaker.

Checked online, there is not all that much about the resonator effect in the WIKI but there is a picture of a Dobro resonator in the description. Is this effect meant to make your guitar sound like a dobro?

The way I have it set it seems to add 'air' and space to the sound. Good for J.J. Cale type stuff.

Do any of you use it, what you think of this effect, what do you use it for?

Thanks,

Gene

A resonator captures the sound of a hollow space, such as inside an acoustic guitar, cello etc. and/or lets you select which frequencies to resonate. you can use it to add authenticity to certain presets.

A picture of a Dobro was used because it is a resonator guitar, loud without amplification.

ah, thanks Yek. I find it good. Useful for JJ Cale sounds. He did a lot of his recordings on a $50 acoustic he took the back off and installed 5 pickups in, 3 HiZ and 2 Low Z for direct inject to the console, a weird guitar but the resonator helps nail that mellow tone of his, adds air :).

I have been reading all your write ups, very good of you to share all that info with us all.

Back
Top Bottom