[RESOLVED WITH FIRMWARE 1.03] Possible Bug? 1.02 UPDATE

skunc

Experienced
While attempting to complete a basic kitchen sink program for my favorite strat I discovered this.

Adding a Pitch Follower to the 100 Watt 1970 seems to load down the FM3 and freeze it up for about 30 seconds for any command.

At first I thought that I had hit the CPU ceiling at 72%. I removed the Reverb Block and that brought me to the 45% range.

I added a PF to the Drive Block with no issue.

I then removed the PF from the Drive Block and added it back to the Amp's Input EQ Gain control and promptly stalled out again. I tried this with the Editor off as well, same result.
Anyone else able to recreate this?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-30 20.59.36.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-03-30 20.59.36.jpg
    682.3 KB · Views: 29
Updated the Firmware to 1.02. The lag time is down to about 15 seconds now from command to execution. After about 15 minutes the unit stops responding.

Last edited:
Reactions: yek
the Drive parameter uses a lot of CPU when changed. with something changing as quickly as Pitch, i can see it stalling out.

this just may not be possible or the best choice of modifier for Gain in the Amp block.

the Drive parameter uses a lot of CPU when changed. with something changing as quickly as Pitch, i can see it stalling out.

this just may not be possible or the best choice of modifier for Gain in the Amp block.
I haven't had a chance to connect to the amp's drive yet but I will keep this in mind.

I haven't had a chance to connect to the amp's drive yet but I will keep this in mind.
oh it wasn't clear what parameter you originally were talking about. it's Input EQ Gain i see now.

it could potentially have the same high CPU usage, so this may not be a good option at this time. maybe this thread will cause FAS to look at it and optimize.

Thanks Chris! I just added a Filter Block in front of the Amp Block and was able to achieve the same type of desired outcome. Just wanted to smooth out and get the amp to sing a bit on the solo notes. I really prefer not having a dedicated solo scene - to be able to solo on almost every sound is preferable.

oh it wasn't clear what parameter you originally were talking about. it's Input EQ Gain i see now.

it could potentially have the same high CPU usage, so this may not be a good option at this time. maybe this thread will cause FAS to look at it and optimize.
It is a bit of a concern as it doesn't seem connected to the CPU usage.

It is a bit of a concern as it doesn't seem connected to the CPU usage.
Changing parameters requires CPU usage to calculate its effect on every other component. Certain parameters use a lot of CPU calculations and changing them in real time quickly can cause issues.

Back
Top Bottom