RESOLVED:::: URGENT!!!! Help before rehearsal

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Resolved: See below. My Axe Fx III froze with editor. I disconnected editor and powered back on unit. Just stays at empty 000 preset with no ability to change anything? Ideas?

Last edited:
Which operating system?
What firmware version?
Do you have recent back ups?

Most immediately you could do a factory reset on the front panel and reinstall FW, settings and presets from backups

That sounds like something I read a support article about forcing the AXE-FX to load up with an empty preset by holding down the home button on startup.

Have you restarted again since loading up to the 000 preset?

Was the home button held down or was there anything that may have pressed it during restart.

This is the support detail I’m referring to;

Problems during Firmware Upgrade
If your Axe-Fx III will not boot normally, the problem may just be the current preset. You can force the unit to load an empty initialized preset as follows:

1. Power down the unit and wait five seconds.
  2. Power on holding HOME until the boot-up progress bar first appears.
  3. The Axe-Fx III will boot with an empty initialized preset in location 000. You can STORE this to any other location to overwrite a problematic preset.

Is there any thing worse? wow. What really sucks if it's tucked in a rack and it's hard to get to. Is there anything wrong with running a bead of hot glue over the connectors where they contact or a dab just to make sure they don't come out unintentionally? Would probably take 10 extra seconds in the assembly.

quote=Is there anything wrong with running a bead of hot glue over the connectors

My kneejerk reaction was WTF?

But this might actually be pretty smart.

quote=Is there anything wrong with running a bead of hot glue over the connectors

My kneejerk reaction was WTF?

But this might actually be pretty smart.

Manufacturers do it all the time, even in PC's. just a dab where the connector and the ribbon cable end meet. easily removable if you need to remove connector.

Back
Top Bottom