RESOLVED Troubleshooting: EV-2 Wah Control Bleeding into Drive Bypass?

SleeplessWhite

Hey Guys,

Been Googling around the Fractal Axe-FX III manual, the forum, support... can't seem to find an solution to this.

I set up my new EV-2 with my Axe-FX III and was able to successfully use it to control a wahwah block, as demonstrated in this video: ... but obviously with the Axe-FX III instead of the video's II. I was stoked about this... BUT...

When I went to add a "Drive 1" block to my preset, I wasn't able to engage the "Drive 1" block. It will ONLY engage when I move the EV-2 pedal past 50%; not by clicking in Axe Edit... not by pressing engage on the Axe FX III buttons, ONLY when I move the EV-2 past 50%.

I've checked all the modifiers in the Drive 1 block... and all of the sources are set to "NONE". Even when I set the wahwah block to NONE, the Drive 1 bypass issue persists.

Even when I go to my other presets (Fractal's factory ones) the issue persists, but again only on the "Drive 1" block... Drive 2, Drive 3, and Drive 4 work well.

Is there some sort of global setting on the Drive 1 block I'm missing here?

Currently using:
• Axe-Fx III FW: 15.01
• Axe-Edit III FW: 1.08.07 on Mac

It sounds like you have it attached in the Global MIDI/Remote settings to your Drive 1 Block. Sorry, I don't have my III in front of me so I can't tell you the exact menu it is. It'll be obvious when you find it though.

Can you post an example of the Preset here?
I’ll upload it and take a look.

Thank you for being willing to take a look! But yeah... I feel like it's probably some sorta global setting that I just am unaware about...

Attachments

• More.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
It sounds like you have it attached in the Global MIDI/Remote settings to your Drive 1 Block. Sorry, I don't have my III in front of me so I can't tell you the exact menu it is. It'll be obvious when you find it though.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! This was it. Learned something new today!

Back
Top Bottom