RESOLVED : AX8 8.0 beta : Out 2 Copy Out 1 Not Working (FX Loop Present)

fractalz

Power User
Hi -

I'm about 2.5 hours from dress rehearsal. Been using 8.0 beta all week with much success. That is, until I tried to configure outputs for the house and my monitor.

Desired setup :
- Stereo out via Out1 to FOH (acoustic Piezo comes in In2 L, mag comes in In1 L)
- Using FXLoop block to grab In 2 L (works great)
- Set Out 2 Echo to : Output 1
- Set Out 2 Mode to L+R (to get MONO for monitor)
- Plug monitor into Out2 L or R = SILENCE
- Change echo setting on Out 2, no change all settings are the same (silent, even echo input 1)

I can verify that Out2 is functioning by applying my mag input to the FX block (I hear it out the monitor speaker, but it too is unchanged based on the Out2 Echo setting).

Preset attached.

I've noticed I can't load this preset in the earlier firmware, so I'm a bit hosed.

Workaround : run Out 1 in MONO and send MONO to FOH (Out 1L) and MONO to my monitor (Out 1R).

I can do the workaround tonight. If I can't find a solution, I'll have to go back to a firmware that has a working Out2 ECHO and rebuild the patch... Show opens Friday night...

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!

Attachments

• Evita 3.0 STRO.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 1
Desired setup :
- Stereo out via Out1 to FOH (acoustic Piezo comes in In2 L, mag comes in In1 L)
- Using FXLoop block to grab In 2 L (works great)
- Set Out 2 Echo to : Output 1

The echo feature will not function when an FX Loop block is present in a preset as the FX Loop has priority. Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-10 um 22.31.49.png

Let me get this straight. You were able to use the FX Loop block as an input for your Piezo, and use Copy Out 1 to Out 2 to send separate signals to FOH and your Monitor in a previous FW?

I was never able to get that to work. It is my understanding that as soon as you put an FX Loop block on the Grid, In2 and Out2 are now dedicated to the FX Loop and cannot be used as a mirror of Out1 by setting Copy Out1 to Out2.

I put in a change request with FAS way back when the AX8 was first released to allow using Input 2 with the FX loop to feed the grid while keeping the functionality of Out 2 as an output with Copy Out 1 to Out 2 functionality. Never happened.

Edit: Looks like Hubertus beat me to it while I was typing.

I probably used the send/return blocks on my AxeFX XL to feed back into the FX Loop block.

Oh, I wish I had run into this earlier...

Thanks for the manpage...

You didn't even need to do that on the AxeFXII since it has a stereo input. You can use Input 1 L and Input 1 R to process the magnetic pickups and the piezo separately in the AxeII. But since the input on the AX8 is mono you can't do that. Maybe some day with the AX8 II...

I'll swing by GC and see if I can get a stereo to mono Y cable to merge the two Out1 TRS signals. Hoping that does the trick.

Back
Top Bottom