Resetting amp settings when creating a new preset

shepo1

HI.
Probably simple question.. But lets say I am working on a preset.. Nothing fancy.. AMP and CAB block..
I am happily tweaking away on the amp block, Changing things like Treble, bass, mids, other advance parameters.. ect. .. Then get kinda messed up.. I want to go back to factory stock or try a different amp model.

I have noticed that if I select a different amp Things don't seem to reset.. Like tone controls.. ( Bass, Mid , Treble. drive, gain, ) ect.. So i am wondering if other things i tweaked are also not resetting.. and if so.. How do I get a amp to reset to factory standard.. ? So I can start from a clean slate.

Do i have to clear the whole preset and start over ?? Seems like when I select a new amp, the settings should reset to factory standard for that amp model including tone and gain settings.. ??? idk.. maybe i'm justt missing something.
Thanks

Doubleclick BYPASS from the front panel or in AE choose RESET from the block menu (or EDIT-> RESET from the context menu)

A full reset (double-click bypass, etc.) resets the entire amp block (or whatever block is selected.)

Selecting a new amp (or switch/switch back) loads/resets all of the advanced parameters but leaves the basic 'front of the amp' treble/middle/bass/etc. controls as is.

TT

The other thing you can do instead of resetting is go back to the setting before you messed things up. The way to do this is take "snapshots" using Axe Edit when you get a sound you really like and before you start tweaking again. You use the the little camera icon in Axe Edit to do this. You can then revert back to the settings you snapshotted. I can't remember exactly how atm, lol, but there is a way.

Back
Top Bottom