Reset question

493dart

Have a standard axe fx. Id like to do a factory reset and load the 11.0 software (or the latest) into it. My question---will all my custom presets be deleted (not a big deal ) 2. Does the Standard come with a bunch of presets/ channels built into it ?? Id like to start over if Fractal originally sent the new Version 1 units out with a bunch of cool presets installed

Im in the same boat as you, I just bought a standard, and I pulled the battery and replaced it with a new one. Lost all the presets, but the firmware is still 11,0. But now Im having issues trying to connect the standard to my computer. I have the cable hooked it, but its not recognizing eachother.

I went through a nightmare trying to get the axe-fx Ultra to communicate to my Win XP and/or windows 7 systems. I finally got it to work on the win7 after several tries. I was using an m-audio midi-sport 1x1 and had installed the drivers from the m-audio website.
The problem was that the software/pc did not connect very well with the axe-fx.
It saw the m-audio midi adapter fine, but it seemed that connecting to the ultra was a problem. I tried to use the test loopback to test my cables and had a hell of a time. I discovered if I got a fail doing this test, I could get a pass if I closed the software, reopened it and tried again.

I eventually was able to get communication to the ultra by this method, turning off axe-edit and then restarting it with the axe-fx turned on and connected to the pc. I was up for hours trying. It has since been suggested to me that I look into a Roland UM-1G midi interface.

Never owned a 'Standard' or 'Ultra'. But the latest firmware (11.0) and the latest factory presets are on the Fractal site.

SUPPORT, DOWNLOADS, LEGACY, AXE-FX GEN 1 (ULTRA/STD)

I would backup what's in there first just in case there is something cool in there?

Nobody ???
Hey man, I finally got mine going. I got my standard, and pulled the battery. Lost everything. I read that you can save all your presets onto your computer. And reload then with all the other factory presets. I believe you would lose them. There is no backup in the axe fx. So you will have to download bank A, b and c (your custom user presets) onto your computer. And reload them using axe edit. What firmware do you currently have? When I lost Everything pulling the battery I still had the firmware at v11. So I didn't lose that, at least. I'm very limited with with my knowledge of the axe fx standard ad I'm new to ask this as well.

i dont get " bank a /b " etc....???....Is there a BANK option somewhere? i just see presets on my standard.

I went through a nightmare trying to get the axe-fx Ultra to communicate to my Win XP and/or windows 7 systems. I finally got it to work on the win7 after several tries. I was using an m-audio midi-sport 1x1 and had installed the drivers from the m-audio website.
The problem was that the software/pc did not connect very well with the axe-fx.
It saw the m-audio midi adapter fine, but it seemed that connecting to the ultra was a problem. I tried to use the test loopback to test my cables and had a hell of a time. I discovered if I got a fail doing this test, I could get a pass if I closed the software, reopened it and tried again.

I eventually was able to get communication to the ultra by this method, turning off axe-edit and then restarting it with the axe-fx turned on and connected to the pc. I was up for hours trying. It has since been suggested to me that I look into a Roland UM-1G midi interface.
The M-Audio drivers for XP were a nightmare and constant PITA end even more if you were using an M-Audio soundcard in the same time. Normally with W7 the drivers get loaded automatically, or at least you should not have any problems, at least that was my experience from my ULTRA period. If you can upgrade at least to W7 I'd recommend that.
To the OP, yes there were factory presets and you can install all banks, not sure if the last factory presets were dedicated to the 11 or an earlier FW howbeit.

Back
Top Bottom