Wish 'Reset Downbeat' for Sequencer

First off, how amazing are Control Switches. Just opens the whole thing up for me for what I've been wanting to do live.

With that in mind, I would love a 'reset downbeat' function for the Sequencer, which could then in turn be assigned to a footswitch using a Control Switch. The idea is that, with the sequencer running, hitting 'reset' would make the pattern restart from the beginning immediately. This allows you to recalibrate the 'one', which is very useful if the sequence starts drifting from the drummer. Very helpful with step-filters or hard tremolos when you're playing with a drummer who's not on a click, or when your AX8 isn't synced with their click.

As an additional note: my old Line 6 M9 used to have this function, and their implementation was clever: if you engaged the step-filter, you could tap out the tempo, but hitting the tap tempo button just once would restart the pattern from the top. Saves a footswitch!

as a workaround, try attaching the run parameter to the sequencer to envelope. so you can restart the sequence simply by playing something on the 1

Back
Top Bottom