Reset Amp Bias to factory default?

AndrewSimon

Power User
Wow I've been out of here lately... (my day job is killing me)

Anyway....
Is there a way to quickly reset the "Amp Bias" to factory default?
How about from the Editor?

:idea:

Most of the EL34/6L6 based amps are .035 and the Class A ones are .070 (I think).

The values are also mentioned in the release notes.

Scott Peterson said:
Most of the EL34/6L6 based amps are .035 and the Class A ones are .070 (I think).

The values are also mentioned in the release notes.

I know that but is there a way to retrieve the factory default?

;)

Just select the amp block in the matrix, and press & hold the BYPASS button (the main unit bypass, not the effects bypass). It'll cycle on & off a couple of times, and you'll see the amp type revert to TUBE PRE. Then select the amp of choice. Don't know about the Editor, haven't tried it for this.

This will put all amp settings back to default, though.

Check that the AFX is not left in Bypass mode, it might be.

Brian G said:
Just select the amp block in the matrix, and press & hold the BYPASS button (the main unit bypass, not the effects bypass). It'll cycle on & off a couple of times, and you'll see the amp type revert to TUBE PRE. Then select the amp of choice. Don't know about the Editor, haven't tried it for this.

This will put all amp settings back to default, though.

You don't even have to to all of that. Just change the amp sim's Type control one notch to a different amp, then turn it back. The amp's bias will be reset to default, along with everything thing else on the advanced menu (not to mention the amp sim's Gain Boost, Bright switch, Deep, Damp, and Sag controls).

Back
Top Bottom