Reset a "tweaked" block queen (edit: quick)

Billbill

Power User
Hello fellow Fractalites quick question not queen lol sorry
How do I reset a block I'm retweaking to its prior "tweaked" state but not resetting to default state. I normally would just switch presets without saving but if I've already made changes to a different block I'd be starting from scratch which is obviously a pain.

Hello fellow Fractalites quick question not queen lol sorry
How do I reset a block I'm retweaking to its prior "tweaked" state but not resetting to default state. I normally would just switch presets without saving but if I've already made changes to a different block I'd be starting from scratch which is obviously a pain.
Save the ''different block'' to your library (rightclick on the block in AE will display the menu), switch presets without saving and reload the block from the library

You can use the Recall: Effect menu (front panel only) for this without needing to save anything or switch presets.
The recall button on front panel? How's that work? I've never use front panel but for saving IR's and to use recall for getting off grid screen.

(Manual section 4.6)

Loading Effects from another Preset

The Recall Effect function makes it possible to load block settings directly from one preset to another. To perform this operation, select the EFFECT tab of the RECALL menu using the buttons. Select the preset and block that you want to load from and press . “EFFECT RETRIEVED!” will be displayed, and the “local” block (whether or not it is already on the grid in the current preset) will be updated with all settings from the “retrieved” block. All settings for both X and Y are recalled for those effects that support X/Y. Modifiers (p. 123) are also recalled. If the block you are trying to load is not found in the preset you try to load it from, “EFFECT NOT FOUND” will be shown instead. Note that you can also recall NOISE GATE, MAIN OUTPUT, and INTERNAL CONTROLLER (LFO1, LFO2, etc.) settings.

(Manual section 4.6)

Loading Effects from another Preset

The Recall Effect function makes it possible to load block settings directly from one preset to another. To perform this operation, select the EFFECT tab of the RECALL menu using the buttons. Select the preset and block that you want to load from and press . “EFFECT RETRIEVED!” will be displayed, and the “local” block (whether or not it is already on the grid in the current preset) will be updated with all settings from the “retrieved” block. All settings for both X and Y are recalled for those effects that support X/Y. Modifiers (p. 123) are also recalled. If the block you are trying to load is not found in the preset you try to load it from, “EFFECT NOT FOUND” will be shown instead. Note that you can also recall NOISE GATE, MAIN OUTPUT, and INTERNAL CONTROLLER (LFO1, LFO2, etc.) settings.
Ok thanks @Bakerman ! Hey while I have ya here would u mind answering one more block question for me please? It's not really a problem I do t think was just curious about the axe's behavior with what I'm about to ask you.
So I have a preset with a TM block near the end simply as a final EQ. I saved this TM as an IR but didn't load the IR as a cab because I am already running two cab blocks. This TM IR is saved as name "RTM" in my user cab slot 1.
Here's where it gets weird:
I copied this same preset to a new preset slot and redid the TM as I have a better isolated stem now. Happy with my results, I saved the TM as an IR to an unused IR slot and named "TEST". Upon going back to the original preset to A/B the two presets, I realized the original preset now had the TM block showing still as slot 1 but with the new name that I made for the new preset.
Seems the original reference match is still untouched (thank God) but it just has the new name. Why is this?

I realized the original preset now had the TM block showing still as slot 1 but with the new name that I made for the new preset.

It sounds like you're looking at the tone match export tab. That stays on the most recent cab number until powering off. This doesn't have any effect on how the tone match block processes audio.

Back
Top Bottom