Requesting Ratt's "Lay it down" tone match

ejviruet

Inspired
Can somebody do a tone match of the beginning of "lay it down" and post the patch?
Also a great tone match will be Extreme's "Decadence Dance" after the solo when the guitar is heard alone.

Thanks

Those are some great tones, indeed. What results have you already gotten, on your Axe-Fx II?

Can somebody do a tone match of the beginning of "lay it down" and post the patch?
Also a great tone match will be Extreme's "Decadence Dance" after the solo when the guitar is heard alone.

Thanks

Quick match for ya. Left side matched

Attachments

• Lay it Down.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 118
Quick match for ya. Left side matched
This sounds really good.
Quick question. When I previewed it on my Axe, the delay was absent, not bypassed just absent and the mix was set to 100% but nothing heard....very odd, then I tried the Y block of your delay and it was a mono delay. Which one did you use?

Thanks for posting...I am going to try my own match attempt. One of my favorite 80's tones.

This sounds really good.
Quick question. When I previewed it on my Axe, the delay was absent, not bypassed just absent and the mix was set to 100% but nothing heard....very odd, then I tried the Y block of your delay and it was a mono delay. Which one did you use?

Thanks for posting...I am going to try my own match attempt. One of my favorite 80's tones.

The delay I put in there was intended for the solo. Made the patch real quick. Like 5 minutes. And didnt mess with the parameters much.

I,m still working on the tone matching feature, i recently updated to 6.0

Just dive in man. I'm starting to notice that many users Are now just asking for the tone matched patch as if it was a simple preset swap like in the past and this is NOT the case anymore. Because the TM takes your guitar and playing into account nobody's TM patch should sound better than if you do it yourself.

Is there a way to take a TM patch from another user and simply do the Y part of the process since the original source waveform is supposed to be saved in the patch? I tried it and it didn't work for me, the original source window was blank when I loaded it up.

Secret80'sMan said:
Just dive in man. I'm starting to notice that many users Are now just asking for the tone matched patch as if it was a simple preset swap like in the past and this is NOT the case anymore. Because the TM takes your guitar and playing into account nobody's TM patch should sound better than if you do it yourself.

+1

Secret80'sMan said:
Is there a way to take a TM patch from another user and simply do the Y part of the process since the original source waveform is supposed to be saved in the patch? I tried it and it didn't work for me, the original source window was blank when I loaded it up.

Nope. Confirmed by Cliff. Not enough memory to store the X and Y curves across power cycles/preset saves. Only the resulting TM curve, i.e the one generated by pressing enter, is saved.

Back
Top Bottom