Request: Yngwie Malmsteen tone match

Would wish that someone could make a tone match at Yngwies 80's and one for his current guitar sound.
There is one called "Ingvay" which is good, but it is from FW 11.xx.
Have a Fender Yngwie on the way from the US, so it would be nice with a couple of good tone matches.

So if someone have the time I would be grateful.

Not trying to kill your wish here, but you might have better results by creating a patch from scratch. I mean, in the 80's, he didn't have the pickups that are now in his signature strat. Not totally sure what he had before he got his signature DiMarzio pickups, and later switched to Seymour Duncan. Also, do a little research on the gear he had back then (cabs and speakers, amps, fx, settings, etc.), then start building and tweaking. Also, I remember seeing one of his guitars up close in person years ago, and the string action was pretty dang high! Not to mention he was playing with super light strings, like 8's. He also uses a pretty heavy gauge pick. So the light strings, high action, heavy picks, knowledge of the gear used back then, and super fluid picking & fretting technique should get you pretty close.

Stock Strat pickups.

More than likely, you are right, but you never know. He may have had a variety of pickups mixed, some stock, some other manufacturers. I believe the one he labeled as "The Duck" was stock pickups for a long time, but who knows without actually holding it and examining it over the years.

Only concert I ever walked out of while it was still going on was Yngwie in the late-80's.

Ice pick nastiness with every song turning into what felt like a 10 minute solo. My then fellow guitarist in the band I was playing in at the time and I left after maybe 30 minutes.

I have a first year issue Yngwie 1988. Pickups= DiMarzio HS-3 stacked humbuckers in the neck and bridge positions, and a regular USA Standard Fender single coil (flush poles) in the middle position

photo 2 copy.JPG IMG_0746.jpg

photo 2.JPG

Man the doughnut joke never gets old :/

Like above he was using earlier dimarzio pickups hs2 or something I read, and that little dod overdrive/preamp pedal slamming his marshall (so noisy), noise gate requirement. Never been able to replicate it really. Varying degrees of gain too... listen to Bigfoot off Alcatraz' no parole from rock n roll, and then something like Now your ships are burned, and there is more gain. Tough sound to nail though.

I had to write an Article and Workshop about him:
Play-Alike #66 - Yngwie Malmsteen - Gitarren-WorkshopÂ*::Â*Bonedo

Funny enough I used a LoneStar, typical "Andy Timmons", Setting to create the older Malmsteen Sound ( -"Trilogy") and the Axechange Preset "100W Plexi Yngwie" with less Highs and Drive for the "newer" Malmsteen. The main thing is the single coil Strat Sound that makes his Sound

AMAZING sound and playing.Would you mind post a screenshot of the Axe Edit,so I can try to emulate this on my Ultra? :)

@Heinzi Thank you so much!!

Although I don't speak German,I studied your article and kept pretty much all the patterns that you presented.This is the best -guitar player- analysis I've ever seen so far.

Back
Top Bottom