Request: Steve Morse Rhythm and Lead Patches

VidarAus

Experienced
Hi Gang,

I have been listening to some of John Czajkowski work (http://johnczajkowskimusic.com/) and man, what a player! He is also an Axe-FX owner as you all probably know.

It got me thinking about dialling in a good Steve Morse style patch. I know that John has posted a patch or two previously, but they do not seem to work with V9 of the firmware. On my Standard, the midi light blinks and then nothing happens - I can no longer upload them!

This is pretty dissapointing to me, as the patches John provided were some of the best I have heard on the Axe.

I have sent John a PM and asked him if he has an updated version for V9.

In the mean time, does anyone else have some Steve Morse style patches they are willing to share?

If not, is there anyone out there with the previous firmware that would be willing to upload John's previous patches, write out the settings and post them back here? Would provide a good starting point, as I can't even view the settings due to being unable to upload the patches on V9 firmware.

I have posted the patches here for anyone that might wish to help.

Lastly, is there a program that will take a patch and extract the settings? Into like a CSV or an XML or something that can be visually inspected? (I might post this as a seperate question in general discussion).

cheers,

VidarAus

Attachments

• HecticCornMelon 1.syx
    2 KB · Views: 206
Sup?
Lastly, is there a program that will take a patch and extract the settings? Into like a CSV or an XML or something that can be visually inspected?

You should be able to load those patches in the Axe-Edit ,,editor still. At least you could copy the settings from there ;)

EDIT>>>>> I just loaded HecticCornMelon 1,,,, into Axe-edit..on this computer. it will load just fine so Yeah, you can copy your settings from it and tweak accordingly for vrs. 9 ;)

MOSHON
DAVE

moshwitz said:
Sup?
Lastly, is there a program that will take a patch and extract the settings? Into like a CSV or an XML or something that can be visually inspected?

You should be able to load those patches in the Axe-Edit ,,editor still. At least you could copy the settings from there ;)

EDIT>>>>> I just loaded HecticCornMelon 1,,,, into Axe-edit..on this computer. it will load just fine so Yeah, you can copy your settings from it and tweak accordingly for vrs. 9 ;)

MOSHON
DAVE

Hi Dave,

Thanks a lot for the advice. I had tried to load it using the editor before and had no luck. Which editor are you using? The new or the LarsB?

Will give it another go (I am using the new editor).

cheers,

VidarAus

Success! Not sure what I was doing wrong before, but I managed to get the patch uploaded to my Axe-FX using the editor. No luck with Midi-ox but not to worry it is there now.

I would highly recommend the patch - it was created on an earlier firmware by John but still sounds amazing with no tweaking on V9.

This patch has just the right amount of thwack when doing palm muted stuff. Just can't get enough of it!

VidarAus

Back
Top Bottom