Request: My III is finally on the road to me! Any tips for the tone in this Little Wing cover?

I can’t wait to get started playing around. In addition to the manual, the forum and watching vids, a helpful way for me to pick up new skills is by deconstructing.

This is a long time favorite of mine that I’ve never had the equipment to try and figure out. The effects are laid on really thickly (early 90s). I know he’s playing through a Marshall half stack. The guitar’s probably an Ibanez Roadstar but he might have picked up a strat for it. It’s so dang processed that I can’t even be completely confident that it’s a humbucker and not a single coil! He plays fingerstyle. It’s compressed to hell and back and then back to hell again. There’s either a lot of chorus or a little phaser or maybe both?

I’m still too new to post links but it’s easy to find on youtube by searching Concrete Blonde Little Wing. I’m most interested in the intro tone.

If anybody can nail this down for me you’ll go straight into my book as a guitar god. Well, at least a demigod!

I haven’t listened to it in a while and just went back to check it out. Yeah, it’s definitely got a good amount of phaser. Panning in the mix too. Sounds like the Marshall reverb is before the phaser?

Back
Top Bottom