Request: Mr. Fastfinger tone

illodin

Hi, I have a request for the tone gurus around here. Can you replicate or approximate the tone of the song that is playing in the beginning of this video (it has isolated guitar sound for a while as well)?

Apparently he is using H&K Tubemeister which Axe-Fx doesn't have and some sort of overdrive and compressor in front of it and tasty reverb.

I'd try something with light gain and pedals . He's not using much gain in the video. I like the RC booster for those type of tones .

Well, you've got a couple of isolated guitar seconds there, so why not TM this thing? Having said that, this is a tone that the Axe can simulate at the drop of a hat. The Corncob, the Leagto or a Bogner with the right amount of gain, a fitting CAB, some optical compression and a mild drive like the RC or AC should get you in the ballpark within seconds. Bit of Studio Reverb to top it all off...

I would say it's at least 90% his fingers no matter what amp and setting

Absolutely true Tony! So that's why we have to use your ears and dial away until we get a more or less similair audio result, brought on by our own fingers (and guitars, and pickups, and cables, and stringgauges, and pickthickness, and the whole shebang.....) It can be an ordeal, but the little black box sure makes it a heck of a lot easier, not to mention the time and money that's saved.

Back
Top Bottom