• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish Request: Global adjustable Fletcher-Munson Curve

Status
Not open for further replies.

unix-guy

Legend!
Let’s see.

I have just figured out to make my amp models better... years later.
I have just figured out to make my reverb models better... years later.
I have just figured out to make my drive models better... years later.
And so on...
I have just figured out how to allow users to enjoy a significant improvement in how the Axe FXIII sounds at different sound levels...

IMPOSSIBLE! Cliff is always right and never wrong.

Isn’t this patently ridiculous?
Think about it.
Just because something is the best doesn't mean it can't be made better. It doesn't mean you were wrong to start with.

I don't follow your logic...

But that's ok. I'm out.

chris

Legend!
You are a part of the echo chamber. A company as large as Yamaha has nothing on one bright guy? I don’t think so.
Did Yamaha make the Axe-Fx? nope, one bright guy did.

Yamaha bought Line 6 and it is what it currently is.

I don’t echo. I think for myself and speak. Saying something different doesn’t make you immediately correct.

Did Yamaha make the Axe-Fx?

No they bought Line 6 and it is what it currently is.

I don’t echo. I think for myself and speak. Saying something different doesn’t make you correct.
Yet, you seem to think that what Yamaha accomplished is impossible. Why? Because Cliff said so?

Perdikament

Power User
Let’s see.

I have just figured out to make my amp models better... years later.
I have just figured out to make my reverb models better... years later.
I have just figured out to make my drive models better... years later.
And so on...
I have just figured out how to allow users to enjoy a significant improvement in how the Axe FXIII sounds at different sound levels...

IMPOSSIBLE! Cliff is always right and never wrong.

Isn’t this patently ridiculous?
Think about it.
Yamaha hasn’t put out any new audio equipment in years? I was unaware of this. I didn’t realize they had reached the pinnacle of audio reproduction.
What you have just said is so patently ridiculous it’s almost scary. Because you don’t understand the physics of something and are comparing two totally different scenarios that was clearly explained to you, you still felt the need to admonish Cliff & the community?
Think about that.

What Yamaha did on a home stereo system that plays pre-recorded music at a known range of volume?
So... the idea that an algorithm that allows variable loudness based on the known Fletcher-Munson curve is impossible and ridiculous when applied to guitar only sounds but which works for music is evident? I call echo chamber BS.

chris

Legend!
So... the idea that an algorithm that allows variable loudness based on the known Fletcher-Munson curve is impossible and ridiculous when applied to guitar only sounds but which works for music is evident? I call echo chamber BS.
Keep calling. Maybe you’ll win since it’s a competition.

Yamaha hasn’t put out any new audio equipment in years? I was unaware of this. I didn’t realize they had reached the pinnacle of audio reproduction.
What you have just said is so patently ridiculous it’s almost scary. Because you don’t understand the physics of something and are comparing two totally different scenarios that was clearly explained to you, you still felt the need to admonish Cliff & the community?
Think about that.
Sound is sound. If you think it is somehow different because of Cliff or the Axe FX... good luck to you.

chris

Legend!
The countless people I’ve helped over the years know I don’t care what anyone knows or doesn’t know when it comes to learning a device. I’ve taught myriad Axe users how to right-click. It’s totally fine and part of learning.

But if you come here thinking you know better in a field you actually don’t, and claiming that people who study audio their entire lives know less than you, I have a problem with that.

You fan boys are a joke. These things have been done. Yet you shake your heads.
And there it is. The fan boy title. Still not listening to what we’re saying, yet we are all wrong because we independently agree on something.

There’s nothing more to say.

Rex

Legend!
You fan boys are a joke.
Gonna let that one slide.

These things have been done. Yet you shake your heads.
Variable loudness controls have been around for decades. The technology is well-known and inexpensive. But no one has managed to find a practical use for one in pro audio gear, for the reasons mentioned above.

Bottom line: Every venue is unique. Every band mix is unique. Every gig is unique. To account for that, someone has to be looking at EQ on each instrument, as well as the band as a whole, in the moment, at every gig. Adding one more variable doesn't make that person's job any easier.

chris

Legend!
Ok. Explain to me why known differences in human perception based on frequency and sound level which have been accounted for in circuitry are impossible in the Fractal world. I’m listening.
For starters, because the Axe doesn’t know how loud it is in the room?

The countless people I’ve helped over the years know I don’t care what anyone knows or doesn’t know when it comes to learning a device. I’ve taught myriad Axe users how to right-click. It’s totally fine and part of learning.

But if you come here thinking you know better in a field you actually don’t, and claiming that people who study audio their entire lives know less than you, I have a problem with that.

And there it is. The fan boy title. Still not listening to what we’re saying, yet we are all wrong because we independently agree on something.

There’s nothing more to say.
Exactly. Not listening to what is said. THIS HAS BEEN DONE. Why do you ignore that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom