Request for the Old T75 CAB IR

Adinfinitum

Experienced
I have several patches that use the Old T75 Cab sim. I updated to 7.08, but then my go-to patches don't sound as good (to me) with the newer cab sim. I downgraded back to 7.04, back up to 7.08 a few times to see if I was imagining the differences, but they are there. In other words,sometimes better isn't better for all.

Cliff, if possible and not too much a bother, please post for download as a user cab the Old models that you revised. I love that you giveth, but sometimes prefer that you didn't taketh away.

Also, Dweezil's Killer EVH patch used the old V30 cab sim. Can anyone recommend a replacement? I tried the newer one, but the patch lost it's magic.

Re: Request for the Old T75 Amp Sim

Sorry if I misunderstood the post, but were you meaning cab IRs, instead of amp sims?

Actually, in Dweezil's 3rd version of his eruption patch, he recommended downloading and using (what I think were) Marshall Plexi IR's that are in that file you can dowload from Cliff's "Impulse Response Collection" at the top of this forum.

Thanks. I downloaded Dweezil's recommend "CAB" (not Amp sims) IRs (thanks for the correction, long day filing trademark applications!) for his third version of his Eruption patch. But the one I really like has the old V30 Cab IR. Not knocking Cliff's Eruption patch, but Dweezil's was what I've been hearing in my head for a long time.

I can understand the guy who "developed" the V30 not wanting the cab IR being sold as part of the AXE-FX, but he should not have any problem with us using it as a User Cab IR. That's why he made it and posted it to begin with.

Adinfinitum said:
I can understand the guy who "developed" the V30 not wanting the cab IR being sold as part of the AXE-FX, but he should not have any problem with us using it as a User Cab IR
He don't, he allowed a user to post in in axechange, which unfortunately is down now

Adinfinitum said:
I have several patches that use the Old T75 Cab sim. I updated to 7.08, but then my go-to patches don't sound as good (to me) with the newer cab sim. I downgraded back to 7.04, back up to 7.08 a few times to see if I was imagining the differences, but they are there. In other words,sometimes better isn't better for all.

Cliff, if possible and not too much a bother, please post for download as a user cab the Old models that you revised. I love that you giveth, but sometimes prefer that you didn't taketh away.
I saw posts like this coming the first time I read that some cabs were replaced...

Personally I never used the old T75 a lot, but that don't mean anything. One user's favourite cab is the next user's least favourite and vice versa.

Obvioulsy Cliff decides with his taste and judgement which cabs should be included and which replaced. Still I think sometimes that might not be the smoothest way. Personally I'd really prefer it that if Cliff decides to replace one to also make the old one available for download. That way everyone wins. FAS have great representative IRs in the Axe and users who want the old ones can put them in the custom slots. Win win situation imho.

VegaBaby said:
Adinfinitum said:

I saw posts like this coming the first time I read that some cabs were replaced...

Personally I never used the old T75 a lot, but that don't mean anything. One user's favourite cab is the next user's least favourite and vice versa.

Obvioulsy Cliff decides with his taste and judgement which cabs should be included and which replaced. Still I think sometimes that might not be the smoothest way. Personally I'd really prefer it that if Cliff decides to replace one to also make the old one available for download. That way everyone wins. FAS have great representative IRs in the Axe and users who want the old ones can put them in the custom slots. Win win situation imho.

I agree.

Back
Top Bottom