Request: Cornford Roadhouse 50

Cornford Roadhouse 50 sim

• Total voters

Ochanomizu

Inspired
a la Guthrie Govan... Did a search on the forum and couldn't find mention of this particular Cornford model and not sure if any folks have replicated this already from the existing corncob sim...

Guthrie runs through his latest gear in part three of this recent interview:

http://www.licklibrary.com/lessons/1080 ... -interview

If can already achieve this from existing sims, any tips/pointers?

Cheers

^^well, on his "Erotic Cakes" album he used a Cornford RK100 (it's was even recorded at Richie Kotzen's studio), so it should be possible to get a Guthrie Sound with the "Corncob" sim.

However, I own a real Cornford Roadhouse 30, it's quite an unique amp and surely very different from the RK100. So it could make sense making a simulation of it.

Cool, thanks for the tip. I actually own a Cornford Carrera which is an interesting little combo, but it is packed away in another location at the moment, so can't really use it as a reference. :(

I have the Erotic Cakes CD. I think the tones could be better (just my very humble opinion, if I may dare!), and I've read on the Guthrie forum that he wasn't too happy with his tone (although he's known to be a perfectionist :) ). Knew he recorded at RK's studio, but I thought he also used the MK50. Anyway, more info here for all of us that may be interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guthrie_Govan#Equipment

...and don't forget to vote for the amp sim... ;)

I just had an extended conversation (unintended) with Mr. Govan at the Namm Show - IMO, there was nothing special coming from his Cornford amp, but there was A LOT of special touch and tonality coming from HIS fingers & technique! It's easy to confuse the two, but I believe Guthrie would sound great thru a blown out drive-in theater speaker! IOW, he would sound great thru a Marshall, a Diesel, a Mesa, a Soldano, a Knucklehead, or even a Pignose.

hunter said:
I'd rather have the Mk50H instead.

Sounds good, start a new poll and add it on the wish list (and vote for the Cornford Roadhouse 50 as well ;) ). Then we may end up with 3 cornford models... :cool:

Cheers

I have a Mk50.. Its a great amp.
From what I understand the roadhouse is a mass produced (ie no point to point wiring) version of the Mk50.

I'm currently infatuated with a Cornford Hellkat 50... hands down the best clean I've ever heard.

Ochanomizu said:
I have the Erotic Cakes CD. I think the tones could be better (just my very humble opinion, if I may dare!)

That CD is a tough one! I love the CD, but the recording is questionable. I've recently gone through some upgrade-itus with my home hi-fi, and that is one of the CDs I would use to audition equipment. It is honestly a very demanding CD that is tough to make sound good. The better the equipment, the worse the CD sounds.

Back
Top Bottom