Request: Brutal bass sound?

danielodland

Inspired
Can't get a really aggressive, yet still good, bass sound. I'm using an OLP Stingray-a-like, and I want a sort of Tool-ish sound..anyone?

Hmm, Im interested in this aswell.... i'm struggling to get punchy agressive bass sounds out of the axe.

This worked for the sounds I was looking for:

SVT with bright and drive knobs pulled. Gain to taste. Amp sends to a 8x10 as well as the 1x15 for bass (forget the model name). Pushing the front of the amp with a FET boost, and a GEQ afterward to tweak some EQ.

The FET boost really seems to help the low end.

danielodland said:
i am, however able to get a warm, deep, loving sound. Clawfinger, you got something to say?=)

Well, finally I went in here, so of course! ;)

I made a split at the first block where one row goes to the Shred dist (Rat works fine too) into a Marshall cab with a HP at 300 or so (from memory). The other row goes to the SVT with a warm cosy 20hz earth shaking sound. Blend those and voilá!

The other one I made was basically a OD drive into an GEQ with a \/\-shape, more or less, low point at 500Hz and 8kHz into an Ampeg IR. Add another EQ after to mold it into perfection. The drive pedal does all the grind.

Back
Top Bottom