REQUEST: Acoustic & Peavy 6505+

Maqbrown

I have been trying and trying to dial in the closest thing I can get to an acoustic tone I can get using a solid body with humbuckers. I understand that whatever I get still won't sound like an acoustic but I just need to get close. I might try throwing my Boss AC-3 in the fx loop too. Also....why has the Peavy 6505+ not been modeled yet for the metal guys?!?! Thanx in advance!!!

^^ LoL I don't think it's possible to get anything really accurate without a piezo. There are some posts on how far some people got with them and I was pretty impressed. Search, amigo.

Apparently I can't figure out "search" because I never get any results...sorry. Plus, I'm over Fractal so I'm selling this unit anyways.

Admittedly the search algorthm on this forum isn't very good IMO. Sorry to hear you're going to get rid of it. I was overwhelmed with the seeming complexity of the unit but I was amazed at what it can do and how it sounds. I don't use all the expert settings or tone matching capabilities myself and still think it's pretty great product. Good luck!

ps. If you're set on getting a modeller you will not get near the same results with L6 ... been there, done that.

Admittedly the search algorthm on this forum isn't very good IMO. Sorry to hear you're going to get rid of it. I was overwhelmed with the seeming complexity of the unit but I was amazed at what it can do and how it sounds. I don't use all the expert settings or tone matching capabilities myself and still think it's pretty great product. Good luck!

ps. If you're set on getting a modeller you will not get near the same results with L6 ... been there, done that.

Don't get me wrong...I love the unit. I'm just over the poor customer service and the WAITING game for the MFC-101...that's all. I'm a former Line 6 fanboy but I wouldn't go back to Line 6 after owning this unit. I'm just going to do it old school and use a Dual Recto & 6505+ head (which is still a head scratcher why this amp has not been modeled) until Fractal can keep up with demand and tighten up as a business. I want to be a fan of this company...not just the product.

Not making excuses for them or anyone but they're a small company who's done right by me in the customer service department - fixed my ultra (before upgrading) no questions asked and paid the return shipping in less than a week. They do listen to requests as far as adding models and features where warranted. I don't know what you need help with but this community has been incredibly helpful IMO. There are other pedals out there as well that have modes for AxeFx like gordious and liquid foot.

Ask away!

Very, I have sent them numerous email's and I never get a response. I just don't like being ignored after spending $2200 on their product.

I know this for a fact: They do have an awful lot of emails, requests, inquiries, etc. to contend with and on a daily basis. I really don't think they're ignoring you on purpose. I'm sorry to hear that your experience has been less than what you'd expect but at least you got a reply from the man himself today,

There are some acoustic patches on Axe-Change.

A 6505+ is identical to a 5150 except it has no bright cap. Use the 5150 model and turn off the bright switch.

I hope you do change your mind in regards to the Axe II. It is an amazing machine and I think you know you won't find another product that'll come close to what it does. All the best regardless of you decision.

Last edited:
Maybe the humidity and heat is getting to maqbrown. It's been a hot summer in ATL.

Maq, Cliff has now personally responded to you on the forum TWICE. That's the president of a gear company talking directly to customers. And that's not something rare for Cliff by any means. But it's rare for the industry. Or any industry, for that matter.

Still had it with the customer service...?

there are some great 6505 patches on the exchange, including some TM from fractal! (juice them up with input and gain and they sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshred!

Those 6505+ patches on Axe-Change are from Chris Quigley's amp. He's the guy who started sevenstring.org and now owns metalguitarist.org.

Back
Top Bottom