Request: AC Booster

Include AC Booster in next update ?

• Total voters
Now I can't wait for the next firmware update. Totally hooked.

I'm thinking of donating all my boutique and modded pedals to Cliff, but I guess he can figure it all out without 'em!

My feeling is that with the TS, TSmod, Fulldrive, SD1 and BB there's enough choice in the overdrive/tubescreamer area.
The AC doesn't differ enough from the aforementioned, IMHO.
I'm a long time RC user, but since it's a clean boost the FET boost already covers that area in my view.

AC's sounds different and unique to my ears (cleaner?).... if someone can figure out how to match the settings with an aforementioned drive by all means i'd love to hear it

jhuggins said:
AC's sounds different and unique to my ears (cleaner?)....

Yes agreed. I prefer the AC, but not complaining about having the BB nor trying to be too greedy, but I think the AC is a better pedal, IMHO.

Thought I'd throw this one out there again, see if there are any more folks interested in the AC Booster pedal to be emulated in the Axe FX... :)

Feel free to add your vote.

OK, another shameless and selfish bump for this wish

Seems there was some progress earlier in the thread with some folks suggesting schematics to Cliff, and I guess it wouldn't be too hard to emulate since Cliff has already done the BB Preamp (which I'm loving by the way).

You can include me on the wishlist. Ran into the first situation with my AFX where I really felt like it needed something that I didn't have.

I just put together an emergency pedalboard just in case I have a situation where I can't use my Axe-FX. I made my choices of pedals based on a few session players I admire. I picked up an AC Booster and a Zendrive to compare for the role of second stage overdrive to be used mostly for solos. The AC Booster was very good but I liked the Zendrive better.

Since you fellas are hot on the AC Booster., I was wondering if you had tried the Zendrive? Also what role you plan to use an AC Booster for?

MKeditor said:
I just put together an emergency pedalboard just in case I have a situation where I can't use my Axe-FX. I made my choices of pedals based on a few session players I admire. I picked up an AC Booster and a Zendrive to compare for the role of second stage overdrive to be used mostly for solos. The AC Booster was very good but I liked the Zendrive better.

Since you fellas are hot on the AC Booster., I was wondering if you had tried the Zendrive? Also what role you plan to use an AC Booster for?
I'd kill for a zendrive, but that things gooped and protected like the formula for Coke Classic.

I bought a Zendrive clone in Japan last year, but it doesn't beat my AC Booster (of course, could be just a bad copy of the Zendrive!).

From what I've heard about the Zendrive, it sure sounds like a winner, so not complaining if Cliff decides to model the Zendrive for the AxeFX.... but pretty please, do the AC Booster first!

:)

Back
Top Bottom