repurposing Tube Amps

The thing is, there is still something different special about it. So, I've not played one for months.

I'm happy with the Axe FX, and I want it to stay that way.

Two vintage amp heads left (no cabs), and I should just sell them. I don't want to go back. At least, not right now.

As Cliff has said, the future is here (now, whatever... lol).

I'm keeping my open back 1X12 mesa mark III combo amp until i try the Axe FX II.
I have been on the waiting list for a few weeks now, and while reading the forums, have found my expectations swinging wildly from 'great expectations' to 'same empty promises' that various pods make.

I keep hoping my boogie amp head will soon become a funky pot for my corn plant, but the Axe will have to be free of that taint that all pod-esque units have traditionally had - (that they are not of the same world as the rest of the mix - a world of their own, and never the twain shall meet.)
I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

There is no reason a digital circuit can't perform as well or better than a physical system - conversion is now a non issue, processing speeds are becoming less of an issue - modeling of analog circuits is getting more accurate. Calm blue ocean... calm blue ocean... :subdued:

^
I think your going to dig it. A few adjustments will need to be made. Like deciding what kind of output device works for you.

One of mine is very conveniently located near my workstation where it can hold things like glasses and cups. The other is the anchoring decorative element in my closet. I had Martha Stewart herself come in and help me to balance the design elements for a relaxed, yet flowing ambience.

Back
Top Bottom