Reproducing real effects - Effects Block Tone Match

crankster

Hoping we can dedicate this thread to sharing thread to sharing syx. and blk. patches/files of your favourite effects using the latest 1.03 Axe 2 firmware.

Curious to see if anyone has reproduced some classic effects via effects block. Obviously the Axe Fx units have very powerful effects blocks, some of which are named and replicated to match some classic real-world units such as the TC 2290, TS808, Dunlop Cry Baby wah, Boss CE-2 chorus ect... Even more specifically, I have a Morningstar MC6 paired with a Mission SP-1 on the way and I'd like to replicate the JP wah sweep and tone. I have found some older blk. files in the forum posted by members who aimed to replicate the JP wah tone for example, however those files are now obsolete with the latest firmware.

Last edited:
You're right, I will reword my original post. I just mean tone matched in terms of real device to axe fx parameters using your ears :)

You're right, I will reword my original post. I just mean tone matched in terms of real device to axe fx parameters using your ears :)

You can match nearly any hardware pedal to an effects block by ear, BUT, it’s only going to respond to a given knob setting, so it won’t have the same overall behavior of the pedal.

In other words, let’s say you match a pedal with drive at 8 and tone at 4, with your guitar and pickups etc. if someone else uses that same pedal, but they use drive at 6 and tone at 5, your settings may or may not sound right to them, as changing one parameter on a pedal might require changing multiple parameters in the Axe

Essentially, you can match the overall tone, at a given setting, but it’s difficult to emulate the overall range of knobs etc on a pedal

Back
Top Bottom