Replicating Fuzz Tones only with Amp Parameters!?

unFILTERed

Power User
I am more and more getting to the point where i feel like i don’t need the drive block for boost, or distortion. As an example with amp models i use (trainwreck, plexi, hiwatt) i get much better lead tones just using the Input and master volume “Trim” and some other Amp Block parameters.

Only if i could make the amps sound fuzzy-broken as if there is a Fuzz infront without the Drive(fuzz) Block.

Any ideas what to tweak to get there only with the Amp Block?

I am more and more getting to the point where i feel like i don’t need the drive block for boost, or distortion. As an example with amp models i use (trainwreck, plexi, hiwatt) i get much better lead tones just using the Input and master volume “Trim” and some other Amp Block parameters.

Only if i could make the amps sound fuzzy-broken as if there is a Fuzz infront without the Drive(fuzz) Block.

Any ideas what to tweak to get there only with the Amp Block?
I’m no expert but I would look for an amp model that is a bit on the fuzzy side to begin with and get creative with EQ hitting the amp front end. A “fuzzy” IR might help too.

I still own a 2004 Laney LH50II head amp with 6L6 power valves that sound fuzzy like a bender fuzz when the gain knob is turned beyond 7 on the drive chanel.
Not in the AxeFx amp list but that can be a starting point for your research.
Hope that can help you.

Back
Top Bottom