replicate power amp SAG with PEQ before the cab block ?

wizardy

Hi guys
I'd like to setup my live gig with a direct FOH signal with cab impulse but also a FX-LOOP out direct to my poweramp and guitar cabinet.
I just don't like the sound of power amp simulator with my poweramp so I don't wanna turn it on but I think it's lacking on the FOH signal

I'd like to know if it's possible to emulate the Poweramp with a PEQ before the cab block (kinda)
I just don't wanna run a double amp setup.

Amp I'm using is the 5150 II and the VH4 channel 3 boosted.

thanks

No an EQ Is not going to change dynamically. Apples and oranges. Sure an EQ could be used to approximate the frequency response of a power amp. The tone match block may be a better choice though.

No an EQ Is not going to change dynamically. Apples and oranges. Sure an EQ could be used to approximate the frequency response of a power amp. The tone match block may be a better choice though.

I'm doing the same thing as wizardy. Real tube amp and cab with FXloop and amp sim on for FOH. Although I'm pretty happy that way, I'm not sure the FOH is representative of stage rig. I'm using an NL12 and a NL12 ir. How would you use a tone match block? Do you mean just tone match the amp for use with the FX loop?

I'm doing the same thing as wizardy. Real tube amp and cab with FXloop and amp sim on for FOH. Although I'm pretty happy that way, I'm not sure the FOH is representative of stage rig. I'm using an NL12 and a NL12 ir. How would you use a tone match block? Do you mean just tone match the amp for use with the FX loop?

I meant use the tone match function to tone match an actual power amp and use that block as necessary.

Back
Top Bottom