Replicate Electro-Harmonics Freeze

curious

Experienced
Hi All, I searched but could not find a way to replicate the Electro-Harmonix Freeze pedal effect on the AxIII. For rehearsal and performance purposes, I need to be able to play a chord and have it sustain indefinitely so I can play melodies over it. I have used the looper and made a long loop of a particular chord but it eventually stops. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

III doesn’t have any feature the AX8 doesn’t so still not really going to get what your after aside from using the delay or reverb hold. Nice thing with the III is you can spare a block just for the hold effect, but still doesn’t really sound or behave exactly like the pedal.

Pedal is pretty cheap and does work well so I’d just run the pedal if it does the job you want, and if the hold options don’t quite sound close enough

III doesn’t have any feature the AX8 doesn’t so still not really going to get what your after aside from using the delay or reverb hold. Nice thing with the III is you can spare a block just for the hold effect, but still doesn’t really sound or behave exactly like the pedal.

Pedal is pretty cheap and does work well so I’d just run the pedal if it does the job you want, and if the hold options don’t quite sound close enough
Thanks.

I searched but could not find a way to replicate the Electro-Harmonix Freeze pedal effect on the AxIII
Its a pedal/effect which many people on the forum have asked if the Axe can have a block which does what these do... Going back quite a few years now. It's not happened yet.... Only the hold delay - which has a kind of abrupt spike when it plays over, or the hold reverb which is just way too washy with no real definition and ends up sounding nothing like the note or chord.
Another pedal which I think shades the Freeze, is the Game Changer Pedal Plus, check that out too.

That’s true. And now with the ability to clip the beginning and end of the loop it should be possible to create a loop of a chord that runs continuously.

You’d need to hit the chord, loop it, and then adjust the start and end points though, and then let it play, so while the result could sound good, I don’t see this as happening during a performance

If needed for a live scenario, might you use the synth to play a continuous sound? In the past there were presets with this technique which were great to play leads over. Good luck!

Lee

Doesn't that depend on your reverb settings?
I'm not so sure, I mean, I don't know this, but it doesn't sound like that is what is happening to my ears.
There are Freeze presets out there, but all of them have the full wet reverb "washed out" or "smoothed" sound.
With these pedals, the ring out or tail is far more harmonically complex, with clear definition. You can here this even when a complex chord is played... All the tightness and definition of each note/string is still there....ringing out.
There is something else going on as well I suspect... A block which can do this would be a very welcome addition to the Axe FX IMO :)

I'm not so sure, I mean, I don't know this, but it doesn't sound like that is what is happening to my ears.
There are Freeze presets out there, but all of them have the full wet reverb "washed out" or "smoothed" sound.
With these pedals, the ring out or tail is far more harmonically complex, with clear definition. You can here this even when a complex chord is played... All the tightness and definition of each note/string is still there....ringing out.
There is something else going on as well I suspect... A block which can do this would be a very welcome addition to the Axe FX IMO :)

You should start a thread in the wishlist section.

Back
Top Bottom