Replaced by a Pod 2.0 Bean

i really want to track down a red bean, J Station and a few other early modellers and do either a shootout or a "history of modelling" style vid. Still have a Zoom 707 which is horrendous!

Don't talk to me about horrendous until you've sampled the amp sims in the Boss BR-532 recorder.:tearsofjoy:

Somewhere in my bags I have a vAmp that I would consider a backup. Played it a few years ago...didn't get more than 2 presets in before going 'yuck'.

But hey, it's there in case the zombies eat my Axe III during a gig.
Yikes.. mine lasted less than 24 hrs before I returned it. .pre "axe" days..
I used to carry my old GT10 around (still have it) as a backup for the Axe, but never during my 10+ yrs of playing FAS products have I had a failure..

And yes, I still have a VG-99 and a GR-33 :)
I even know where they are !!

aqgt.jpg
Alesis Quadraverb GT was my first ... ehrrm ... that thing was nasty - and not in a good way.

All the wet effects was rather good thou.

I used the Line 6 pod farm that came with my toneport ux2. I busted it out to record ideas while I returned the Axe Fx 2xl in anticipation for the III. That thing taught me to take frequent breaks when tweaking because eventually your ears will get used to anything. I'd go back the next day and listen to the presets I tweaked on the toneport and it would leave me just wishing Fractal would send me the invite for the III.

Don't talk to me about horrendous until you've sampled the amp sims in the Boss BR-532 recorder.:tearsofjoy:
Wow, are you me? My highschool band used that thing and I remember being so excited about the quality of our recordings at the time. Absolute nightmare going back and listening to them now, but that device is entirely why I got into recording (and ultimately Fractal) so I can't be too mad!

Wow, are you me? My highschool band used that thing and I remember being so excited about the quality of our recordings at the time. Absolute nightmare going back and listening to them now, but that device is entirely why I got into recording (and ultimately Fractal) so I can't be too mad!

It was the first device I had for any of kind of digital recording, and also my first exposure to amp sims. It served its purpose for the time I used it, mainly keeping my dorm neighbors from wanting to kill me for using a cranked amp.

Current backup Rig is a Tech 21 RK5 Flyrig - super small and has decent tone. I will admit to being lazy for a few rehearsals and leaving the Axe Fx at home in the rack.

I owned a Roland VG99 prior to getting the Axe Fx II XL a couple of years ago.
My First Modeler was the Roland VG8 in the late 1990's.

Its amazing what has happened in the last 20 years or so with digital technologies and the guitar ... its been a fun ride and with the Axe FX III I expect we have more exciting things ahead in the years to come.

Still have my Johnson J-Station. I leave it in my office at work so I can practice at lunchtime with an amp sim rather than nothing. Pretty much all it’s good for. At one point before getting into Fractal I hugged with it driving a Tech 21 Power 60 (poor mans FRFR)

Used Tonelab SE and then Tonelab LE into the power amp section of a tube amp for a long time. Was actually a decent sounding hybrid digital/analog rig.

I still have the Tonelab LE. Have a Helix and Helix LT. Used to have a couple Fractal units and a Kemper.

Axe FX III and at least one Helix will stay.

The POD 2 bean was my first modeler but it was not my main rig.... Had other rack gear prior so I was into preamps/multiFX/programmable/MIDI stuff (child of the 80s) so I was primed to be open to modeling tech.

Have owned/own bunches of them. Nearly all of them in fact,. :) Fractal is in a class by itself, though. IMHO.

I use a POD X3 Live as a backup. However, I’ve been seriously considering a Helix, and now a Helix Stomp.
I love my AXE, but its be an overkill for certain situations, such as practice or mini gigs where I just need a 2-3 tones.

Back
Top Bottom