Repercussions of 'not' resetting the amp block.

mwd

Power User
I got prepped up, backed up, jacked up for new FW 16. I got to thinking I never remember having to reset the amp block in any of the hundreds of firmware updates I've done. I wondered what the repercussions were of just updating? What would I experience? What is going to break. Not trying to be a rebel or an idiot just trying to understand exactly why we have to reset the amp block?

You will be maintaining "old" default settings for various advanced settings that have been updated to match the new modeling algorithm.

Cygnus Beta was the 1st time I've reset amp blocks since I got my Axe III. Some of my presets sounded better with the old settings, so they're still on them. Try it, if you like it keep it otherwise don't save the preset.

It just means that you will not have set those settings specifically to what sounds the best to you on their current iteration.

Think of it like a hypothetical situation where, in firmware 1, bass at 5 gives you no bass, and then, in firmware 2, bass at 5 gives you 50% bass.

A patch you made on firmware 1 will sound drastically different with that new bass.

Reactions: mwd
I wondered what the repercussions were of just updating? What would I experience?
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom